2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I wondered if anyone had an idea of what may be wrong with my speedometer. Looks to me like a loose connection, as when then i'm driving it seems to come on and off for no reason. Will i need to replace the whole unit?

Is there a simple fix?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seems like your problem is related to bumps on the road. This might point to faulty connections. The center screen (radio screen) is known to have issues with solder points becoming loose after a few years... Might be worth checking if your dash doesn't suffer from the same issue !

·
Registered
988 Posts
If it's a speedo error I believe it'll display 888 occasionally.

Strange how the rev and eco bits go off too however as that leads me back to think it's the speedo itself. If it was purely the sensor would the other bits go out too?!

A used speedo is about £20 off eBay if you want to try that route, make sure you get some plastic pry tools too unless you want to leave dents in your dash!

Firstly I'd just thump the speedo hard and see if that has any effect!!!

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Speedo sensor is on the gearbox and is known to fail, it did on my car. The speedo only ever read 0, the reverse lockout didn't work, radio volume and power steering also didn't auto adjust. I'd get under the car to unplug the sensor and spray some contact cleaner on the connectors before doing anything else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts