2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a 2006 2.2 I with 91k. I've only owned this car for 3 months, just curious as to what most others owners are getting per tank of fuel. I get roughly 400miles to a tank, I drive 30 mikes to and from work on the bypass keeping it around 70mph and the rest is running around town/short trips.
Any feedback would be great!
Cheers

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
1,932 Posts
I get around the same with mixed driving.
On long runs at steady speeds (doesn't happen often) the best has been 480 miles.

In this freezing weather it has dropped down to around 380 but I don't drive slow.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've also wondered and looked through fuelly.com to try and gauge a bit - very limited on diesels there though for the CR-V as predominantly USA.

I get about 400 to a tank with the OBC showing 38mpg. That's a mixture of urban and rural.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats ok then I thought it was just me. I've been mulling over getting it chipped to increase economy but I'm not sure, heard mixed reviews on chipping.
Cheers for the info. ?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
You should easily be able to hit 40-42 (indicated) with the 2.2 outside of winter in a mix of conditions.

Aero isn't great on the CR-V so I found no more than 70 on motorways, otherwise the eco would really drop off. Wind noise is pretty bad as well after that.

Maximise the torque on tap and change up as soon as you can. Make sure the tire pressures are AT LEAST the quoted door frame numbers. Check more often in winter.

Doesn't look as if you are too far off what is reasonable.

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
1,932 Posts
Thats ok then I thought it was just me. I've been mulling over getting it chipped to increase economy but I'm not sure, heard mixed reviews on chipping.
Cheers for the info. ?

My economy increased by around 10%, and that's with 315ft lbs torque at the wheels!
Also high speed motorway cruising gave even better returns as it was right in the middle of the power band. Cough :TTurbo:
Seriously recommend Elite's EGR off stage 1 or 2, won't give you my power as that is a custom development map done by them and needs a 6 paddle clutch to handle the outputs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.