2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. Just bought a 2006 civic 2.2 cdti and as I get in the car in the mornings the heater blow but don't blow very hard while on full. Also at the end of my journey which is about half hour. It isn't very hot inside the car. But then when I turn the heaters to cold. It blows cold air and the fans are blowing well on fast
Also when I turn the heaters up to max while on full heat it sounds like the speed of the motor is increasing but it doesn't actually increase the output on the fans

Any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm travelling 20 miles to work and it's still not very hot or blowing hard at the end of it while on hot. While on cold tho it blows well and cold

·
i-Vtec
1,875 Posts
Have you checked the Coolant level? Lack of air flow could be a blocked Pollen filter. How does the temp gauge look? Normal operation it sits just below the Half level. If you still have no luck id looking at changing the thermostat.

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
from memory the heater took for ever to warm up and when cold weather it was never that great at any time
it done the job but not as good as others
sure my 9g is much better warms up lot quicker for sure
as said the pollen filter can restrict air flow and also puts extra load on the blower if clogged

1 - 5 of 5 Posts