2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi- i have a 2007 civic si. about a month ago while driving in the rain, my wipers started speeding up without me adjusting the switch. i tried to slow them down, but couldn't. now every time it rains or is even moist out, they have a mind of their own. i can't slow them down or even turn them off. they sometimes stop completely in the middle of my windshield. they sometimes are on full speed, low speed, etc. i have replaced the wiper switch- no luck. then i replaced the wiper motor- no luck. i'm running out of options. is there some type of moisture sensor? like i said, the problem only occurs when it is wet or moist out. they don't turn on on sunny days. i'm trying to avoid taking it to my dealership because they want $210 to diagnose it. thanks for any advice! it's very frustrating to drive down the road in a small amount of mist with your wipers going full speed & no control over them! =)

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
hi- i have a 2007 civic si. about a month ago while driving in the rain, my wipers started speeding up without me adjusting the switch. i tried to slow them down, but couldn't. now every time it rains or is even moist out, they have a mind of their own. i can't slow them down or even turn them off. they sometimes stop completely in the middle of my windshield. they sometimes are on full speed, low speed, etc. i have replaced the wiper switch- no luck. then i replaced the wiper motor- no luck. i'm running out of options. is there some type of moisture sensor? like i said, the problem only occurs when it is wet or moist out. they don't turn on on sunny days. i'm trying to avoid taking it to my dealership because they want $210 to diagnose it. thanks for any advice! it's very frustrating to drive down the road in a small amount of mist with your wipers going full speed & no control over them! =)
There are several posts on this forum describing the same problem. Some have fixed it by fitting new motors, but you say you have already done that. There is a sensor mounted behind the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hmm, you have a american civic si? Have you looked on 8thcivic.com? Lots of american civics there, maybe there is someone with the same problem on a identic car to yours!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts