2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Honda Civic Type S GT, 2007, has developed some significant judder under acceleration and higher revs. It mainly occurs under acceleration at around 50mph and above. It is significant with the entire front end of the car juddering and shaking. Once acceleration eases off, the juddering also reduces even at the higher speeds.

Initially I thought this may be due to wear on the front tyres, but having just had these replaced the problem is still there. The wheels were also recently rebalanced.

Also, I have been told there was too much oil in the engine which we need to drain off to remove the surplus and also that the front OS bump stop needs replacing - both of which I am going to get done soon but I'm curious to hear views on if these issues may be connected or is there anything else anyone knows of that may be causing it? The car has done about 75k miles.

Any ideas would be very welcome since the Honda dealer I've been to has so far failed to identify the cause.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi,did u manage to solve the problem? cause my ctr is just doing the same thing from yesterday...some info would be highly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Could be warped disc brakes could be DMF on its way out. Any clutch issues?
I've got the same issue and unfortunately old disc brakes and slipping clutch, I've got an expensive spring ahead of me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts