2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been planning on getting some snaps of the car ever since I picked it up (3.5 years & 80,000 miles ago!) but for one reason or another never really got round to it.

Decided this weekend to treat it to a full on valet as it's had a bit of a hard life over the last few months (750 - 1000 miles per week) & hasn't been blue for a long time (mainly a sort of brown, dirty colour).

After hoovering/dusting the interior, I gave the exterior a decent wash before attacking it with one of those Meguiars Clay Bars I've heard a few people going on about. Strange feeling initially to hear the sort of "scraping" noise it makes but once I was used to it I stopped worrying! It also amazed me how much crap there is that comes out of the paintwork, even after a wash. Clay Barring done, I finished it off with a wax with the stuff that was included in the kit. Have to say I'm hugely impressed with how it's come out. Wouldn’t generally spend £30 odd quid on washing it but that should see it through until its next proper wash next year...

Anyway, after 5 hours of hard graft here it is!

(Excuse the “quirky” angled shots; I was more focused on on milking the scratch-free paintwork than the actual car itself!)

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
your arms must be hurting after that, but it does look fantastic mate :D now treat yourself to a beer !!

Reactions: Bez

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that.

Actually aching in quite a few places today. Clearly shows how unfit I am!

Still, that's this month's excercise done!

·
WARRIOR
2,107 Posts
Niiiice....... well looked after by the looks:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts