2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My first post here so hi! I was hoping someone could give me some advice.. Well the other half!

She has a 2008 civic which has only done 29000 miles which she bought from Holden Honda in Norwich, which she has had for 2 months.
It has a 1 year warranty and it's already been in once as one of the door mirrors wasn't folding fully but this was fixed no problem.

The car now has a knocking sound coming from the near side front. It has been in to Honda today but they said they can find no fault!.

bearing In mind it's only done 29000 miles I'm sure it didn't leave the factory like it and I very much doubt its wear and tear and surely this is not right on any car let alone one that's not done a lot of miles!

What are her options? Tell Honda to keep the car until it's fixed and demand a courtesy car? Say she wants her money back and they keep the car? Or get someone else to look and if they can fix it, send Honda the bill? The knocking is very noticeable and Honda said they test drove it but we are starting to doubt it!

Sorry for the long story but she's paid 6k for this car and is not happy!

·
Premium Member
18,080 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:

Sorry to hear that you have had issues, perhaps you should review the Civinfo Wiki, FAQ, etc sections for background info.

Alas front end knock is quite common; Let me google that for you

Drop links are common failures, as are ARB bushes although less so on low mileage cars. Neither are costly fixes, annoying but not costly.

The front shock absorber(s) can develop play in the top mount, which is approx £50+VAT, plus fitting.

Did the car come with any dealer Warranty?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Knocking

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply ? Yea it has a 1 year Honda warranty...

I shall have a look at the Google thing thank you, the guy did mention it may be shocks but they gave given us a log to fill in each time it knocks!

·
Premium Member
18,080 Posts
As it's newly purchased I presume it came with a 12 month MOT?

In which case, the suspension should have been checked for obvious play.

I would guess the dealer knows it's the shock top mount, only guessing tho.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great thank you we did question how it passed the mot before she bought it but there wasn't even an advisory but there is clearly something wrong with it, it sounds awful

Thanks again for your help

·
Premium Member
18,080 Posts
I feel for you, frustrating eh.

If the issue has only started since you purchased the vehicle, then I guess you have good reason to get it resolved under your warranty.

Hopefully your warranty covers the repair and it doesn't slip thru a loop hole.

Have a Google search on here for warranties or sale of goods act as others have recently posted info on their issues. Maybe you can glean some useful ammo to hit the dealer with?

Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.