2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new to the forum and been looking through the threads about the appradio da 110 install
Have ordered the following items
Double din fascia and leads including pioneer patch leads
Mhl 2.0 adaptor for android
103mm cage and fascia
But one question I have read on some threads that you have to keep the original radio connected in the glove box
Will the climate control display still work without the original head unit connected and show the climate information or do I still have to have the original unit still wired in thanks

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
You are looking at a really old thread, the steering wheel interface that also controls the clock and heater display is in the kit now so no need for the old head unit in the glovebox anymore.

Everything still works, you gain the date but lose the audio info (radio station, track info but this will be on the double din display anyway) and the heater display is unaffected. You have to adjust the clock using the steering wheel buttons - which is much easier.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
I recently installed a double din and can confirm the above, if you are interested, take a look at my thread. I wrote a small guide and took some pictures of the wiring, fascia, installation progress etc.

Thread here.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
i just got one as well so im in same boat.. will be following this guide..

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
i just got one as well so im in same boat.. will be following this guide..
If you need anymore details or pictures let me know, but I think when you come to do it, a lot of it is self-explanatory.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
If you need anymore details or pictures let me know, but I think when you come to do it, a lot of it is self-explanatory.
cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts