2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I have just purchased a 2008 civic ex, it has a 30 pin plug in the arm rest, I have bought a cable to connect to the 30 pin plug with a 3.5 mm audio connector which I have connected via a sort lead that came with my iPhone X to my phone. I am looking to play music from my phone through the aux connector.

Could anybody help as it will not play music.

Also will my iPhone X connect to the civic phone connection as it will not find the phone.

Thanks.

David

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use amazon music. I have labelled my playlists but still nothing. I was thinking as it is a iPhone X that they are not compatible as the phone will not connect through the Bluetooth either. Very frustrating.

·
Administrator
18,066 Posts
Hi David, I think you're being very optimistic to expect tech that's 10/11 years apart to play nicely especially considering Apple tend to favour their own proprietary gubbins. Car tech often isn't that user friendly to set-up either :(

Good luck though and do let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help, I guess I am being over ambitious as technology moves on.

Thanks again

David

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I don't think you have a chance in hell of amazon music working sadly. Only remote chance you might have is too put the mp3's into a correctly labeled playlist in itunes and then put them on the iphone. No idea if it will work though with a X...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think it may actually work if you use a direct 30 pin to lightning adaptor and only played music from the music app on the phone. By going via the 3.5mm audio jack you basically lose any sort of digital connection between the head unit and the phone.

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
That was always my issue, making sure both devices were 'discovering' at the same time.

When they were the phone paired in seconds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts