2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, newbie here.
I need a new clutch in my Type S. I’m not quite sure what clutch fits in there however I know I need a Stage 1 clutch since my Civic has been mapped. Is it the H22a that fits into the diesel?
I can’t seem to find it. All the help is appreciated.
The slippage has been very bad recently and in most situations I’m afraid to put my foot down as it’ll slip right away.
Thanks
Ozzy

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
What power / torque are you running? Are you running the original Honda clutch i.e 2008. Thought Honda upgraded the clutch to the 325 one, which would probably hold a stage 1. However, are you bothered about the original clutch feel or would you be prepared for a heavier pedal feel and go for a higher performance clutch - many options, CC single or twin plate with SMF or CG clutch. I currently run a CC twin plate in my stage 2 derv but it is harder to get in gear and pedal is heavier but it does not slip!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly, I think it has the original clutch that was in the car from the start. I wouldn't mind anything as long as it doesn't slip. I'm a new driver, very new and it's my first car, the thing is my dad is a mechanic but he doesn't have a lot of experience with Civics so we're not sure what clutch we're supposed to get. I was looking on H-Tune, a stage 1 clutch goes for like £250, I don't mind the different clutch feel honestly. I love my Type S and I'll drive it for a year or two either ways. Don't quote me on this but I'm thinking it's running about 395nm and about 190bhp. Haven't done a Dyno run so I don't know specifically but those are the rough numbers. Again, I don't mind a heavier pedal, as long as we keep the costs low. I've read bits and bobs about the differences between SMF and DMF but at the end of the day I want longevity and pretty much wanna use the engine's full power. What I can tell you is that it's a 57 plate Honda Civic Type S GT 2.2 and also I'm quite sure the Flywheel is in good condition otherwise my dad would've spotted it.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
395 nm is about 291lb/ft I think. To be honest the standard 325 Honda clutch would probably be fine as the 325 denotes the max torque if I remember correctly. Most people change the dmf at the same time but that's up to you. not an issue if your dad's a mechanic.

This is the one you want......

https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-shop/genuine-honda-civic-2-2-diesel-3-piece-clutch-kit-2007-2011/

Note the part number 22105PGE325

If your ordering from Cox there is a loyalty scheme which may get you a further discount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brilliant if thats the case then I'll speak to a friend at Honda about it too but you were the first one to reply so thanks for that Steven. Really appreciate the help! I'll tell my dad about the DMF too.

·
Shake n Bake
810 Posts
Ive just gone back to a standard clutch and dmf after 6 years with an uprated clutch and smf(smf ring gear destroyed) its bliss back to standard rather than paddle clutch and smf. The 325 will be fine if you keep the torque under 300lb/ft, my nephew bought a 5 door with recent new 325 clutch and got it slipping after about 12k miles running premier tunnings stage 2 195bhp/325lb/ft and driving like a hooligan.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,025 Posts
Ive just gone back to a standard clutch and dmf after 6 years with an uprated clutch and smf(smf ring gear destroyed) its bliss back to standard rather than paddle clutch and smf. The 325 will be fine if you keep the torque under 300lb/ft, my nephew bought a 5 door with recent new 325 clutch and got it slipping after about 12k miles running premier tunnings stage 2 195bhp/325lb/ft and driving like a hooligan.
I'm tempted to put mine back to a standard DMF as if you don't get it right sometimes it judders. It's not too bad though and as it's currently fine, it's hard to justify the 750quid outlay.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
i'm running premier tuning stage 2, which is why I have a twin plate and whilst It holds the torque and would not go back to standard as I will not drop the power / torque, it is painful sometimes. Fortunately, I live in the middle of nowhere so it is not too bad. Not sure I would want to live with it in a city tbh. For the power you are running you'll be fine with a 325 clutch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Shake n Bake
810 Posts
I'm tempted to put mine back to a standard DMF as if you don't get it right sometimes it judders. It's not too bad though and as it's currently fine, it's hard to justify the 750quid outlay.
It wasn't that bad to live with except it really did not like reversing up hills, it would shake the **** out of the car. I wouldn't have changed it except for the smf failure, ive never chased power out of mine just took the opportunity after original oem failure when CG released the 8 paddle/smf and the first drive after Celtics stage 2 was fun. The car will be treated gently now on as its still a great versatile daily for running my daughter and grandchildren around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts