2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all after reading some posts on here regarding the recall for the wiring harness in the engine bay i thought that i go on honda live chat and get them to do a check on my car (2008-58 plate civic type r) and sure enough it has a outstanding recall for this,so there must be other fellow members on here with the same age vechile.So i would recomend them doing acheck has well.

And if it was'nt for this civiinfo site i would not have known.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: Adam S

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just go on the honda live chat on hondas homepage and they will do the check for you if you give them your reg,anyway the recall is free of charge to yourself.

i had no letter has well even thoe i am registerd for recall updates.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I've just checked mine from reading this and there a outstanding recall on CIVIC TYPE R ENGINE ROOM WIRING HARNESS :confused:the guy on live chat said

You have to use the live chat as the recall section is not working for some reason

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Just done the online chat thing and I need it too, guess I'll be heading off to the dealer soon...

·
Boost Time...
989 Posts
Honda UK are a joke on recalls, I am currently in a dispute with them on a faulty door latch which I had to pay cos my passenger door would not open, and although my car was 8 months out if warranty and there have been similar issues on other civics on this forum they ain't interested, and I only found out about the harness recall I should of had 6 months ago....

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Anyone know when the recall was issued...I bought mine from main dealer in august so you would have thought they would have done the work if the recall had been issued before this date?!

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Yeah I checked mine on the chat as if you use the look up it comes up with an error.

I was checking it for the MICU as I saw it mention this is some service paperwork and wanted to check it had been done, but he said this had been completed but the wiring harness recall was outstanding, so I am awaiting a call from a local dealer. Its been a few days though and I have not had any calls yet.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Hey has anyone got the link to the Honda live chat please

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Had my 09 Ctr booked in for a service last Wednesday, they told me when I dropped it off that they was a recall on the wiring harness, but when I picked it back up they said they had a look but no work needed doing it was ok

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
It's not so much a recall as a visual check to make sure it is routed correctly, or so I was told.

Not seen the official Honda memo yet though...

·
Premium Member
9,725 Posts
It's not so much a recall as a visual check to make sure it is routed correctly, or so I was told.

Not seen the official Honda memo yet though...
spot on ! if its routed the wrong way its checked for damage and replaced if necessary then routed the correct way

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.