2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
whats the difference? gear knob and what else?

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
whats the difference? gear knob and what else?
Automatic gearbox.
New colour on some plastics.
New dash material.

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Loss of temperature gauge on the auto. Its replaced with two lights. Rather silly as you'll only know its overheating as soon as the red light comes on. With a traditional needle you can see it move upwards, you get advance warning of it getting near the red.

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
Loss of temperature gauge on the auto. Its replaced with two lights. Rather silly as you'll only know its overheating as soon as the red light comes on. With a traditional needle you can see it move upwards, you get advance warning of it getting near the red.
Oh yes - just spotted that - What is that display ? Gears ?

I also think water temperature is a must, especially down here in M25 land when you could be stuck for a while and need to keep an eye on it.

Just investigated the Poland link and the gears do replace the Temp gauge. Could be to Honda's cost though ? If I saw the temp rising I could pull over and let it cool before going to a dealer. Once any red light popped up the damage could be done !

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Maybe an audio warning, something like, "I'm felling a little hot" and "I'm really hot now and if you continue like this I'm going to melt"
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:​

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I had to chuckle to myself..... they finally come up with a full auto box (and a good one from Pottsy's review) and people aren't happy with the temperature gauge! I'm rather glad this is my first Honda and I didn't have such high expectations. But there again, I have spent a lifetime in Fiats and Citroens so I suppose I can be excused for being rather easily pleased ;)). But seriously, if there are two lights, maybe one is a warning before things get really hot....

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
Another photo here.
Is it my imagination or the centre console of a slightly different design? I haven't gone out and looked at mine again but the front bit looks more bulbous (by the passengers feet) and the top side bits by the ashtray look wider?

Funny they release pictures but we can't buy them :mad:

·
Registered
268 Posts
I was always planning on replacing my current manual Civic with a similar spec or slightly higher I-shift version simply cos I want to stay with the Civic but want an auto or semi auto box. After reading Pottsy’s review of the new 09 auto civic I will definitely go for that in just under two years when this one has to go back.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The Jazz also uses this warning light system instead of a proper gauge. A blue light is on when you start from cold and goes out at normal running temperature. I assume that if the temp gets too hot the red light comes on then your engine blows up!! Not really what you want but its case of the designers being economical with the existing dash layout :(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts