2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the auto transmission (not the i shift) 5 or 6 speed ?
Have there been any problems with them.
Looking at one after seeing Pottsy,s recommendation.

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
I had a 59 plate full auto and it was fine. No known problems and I've not seen any problem posts here.

My current 2013 Civic has the same torque converter auto and that is fine as well.

1000% better than iShift.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Ours is the 8 gen 5 speed auto. Just passed the 100k mark, and owned it 3 years.

So far never missed a beat. The transmission is smooth and if needed power is always there as the kickdown is very quick to respond.

During this summer mpg has improved approx. 4 mpg as well !

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
... and a very fine box it is.

I can accelerate in a manner where the passenger can't tell when it's changed gear.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
... and a very fine box it is.

I can accelerate in a manner where the passenger can't tell when it's changed gear.
I want to get one for the mrs, she's got an ishift at the moment. I also wanted one but I've modified this one so much it would take me forever to transfer the additions :)

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
My personal choice would be to go straight to a 9G auto.

Suspension far better and proper, easy to use front door handles.

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
I did look at a Prius when I got the 9G but the lack of proper handbrake and it being a foot operated job like Lexus it was swiftly rejected.

Being an awkward, bang knee on steering wheel, foot job, it's not for regular use at lights and junctions etc so you would fail your test in one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts