2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this is apparently an Intake-air temperature sensor defect.

I'm entirely unmechanically minded, however I like lego (!) so assume that a replacement sensor is easy to fit.

How can I find out the part number for this, and where would you go to buy one? CES want £150+ VAT.

Thanks all.

·
Administrator
17,942 Posts
It's quite unusual for a MAF failure, was that the only code shown?

You could try removing the MAF sensor and carefully cleaning it with a MAF cleaner, drying and refitting.

There are inlet temp sensors in both the MAF and MAP units. Both are readily accessible, so maybe give them both a clean (carefully).

How many miles has your car covered?

Has any work recently been done on the car?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's quite unusual for a MAF failure, was that the only code shown?

You could try removing the MAF sensor and carefully cleaning it with a MAF cleaner, drying and refitting.

There are inlet temp sensors in both the MAF and MAP units. Both are readily accessible, so maybe give them both a clean (carefully).

How many miles has your car covered?

Has any work recently been done on the car?
Hey, thanks for replying!

The car has almost 63k on the clock, and no work has been done that I know of. I purchased it from a garage in Telford in October 2015.

I'll give both a clean as carefully as I can, and see what that does. Thank you!

If no joy, is there a site I can use to obtain the part numbers? I'm thinking scrapyard to source replacements.

·
Administrator
17,942 Posts
Yes, Lings has a great website with exploded diagrams, part#s, etc.

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_block_selection_C30.php?mod_01=16539
Adjust for your model/year.

Beware that the Lings site primarily shows their own part#s. But if you remove '_pfk' from the URL, then you can see the Honda part#s. Which then allows you to look for alternate suppliers ;)

Cox, Hendy, etc also offer Civinfo users a discount.

·
Administrator
17,942 Posts
Has your car been on a full Honda diagnostic machine?

Sometimes the onboard ECU reports incorrectly but a full diagnostic should be more accurate (although even may need to be interpreted).

·
Registered
414 Posts
I got an intake temp sensor error on my wife's 2.2 CRV when I replaced the air filter! Cleared the code and it has never returned. Have you tried clearing the code? Are there any symptoms or is it just a warning light and the code?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has your car been on a full Honda diagnostic machine?

Sometimes the onboard ECU reports incorrectly but a full diagnostic should be more accurate (although even may need to be interpreted).
I took it to a local garage who plugged in their new Hella Gutmann diagnostics computer. The system provided some additional notes, as per the photo below...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got an intake temp sensor error on my wife's 2.2 CRV when I replaced the air filter! Cleared the code and it has never returned. Have you tried clearing the code? Are there any symptoms or is it just a warning light and the code?
When the I started the car, I got the "Check System" message, and although I could drive, it was in limp mode. Strange though, as driving to the garage today the warning message was still there but acceleration had returned. The garage have cleared the warning message now, and although I'm tempted to see if it appears again, I don't want to cause more trouble by driving with a damaging fault.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, the message is back, and the car's in limp mode. I had removed the MAF sensor (as well as the MAP), cleaned both, replaced air filter, cleared fault codes yet it returned a few hours later.

Not so flush at the moment, so only wanting to replace the MAF sensor if I can be sure it's that (even then I'm only looking to get one from a scrappy). Can only Honda give further detail on the P0113 fault code, or is the information I've received as clear as it gets?

Any other suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts