2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just replaced 06 es 5 door (or is it se can never remember the one with glass roof)
with a new black 09 5 door ex

looks really stunning but am using my old mats till I order some new ones
looking on ebay I noticed that some say you need the 09 ones has the floor layout changed ?

the reason I'm looking on ebay is I thought the honda ones not very good for the money and wear down badly

·
Registered
93 Posts
Cant agree more, I think the quality are poor, I bought some genuine Fiat mats for my van and they are superior, done 27,000 in Honda and 62,000 in van, Fiat one no signs of wear, Honda ones are nearly worn out (drivers side only):(

·
Registered
607 Posts
looks really stunning but am using my old mats till I order some new ones
looking on ebay I noticed that some say you need the 09 ones has the floor layout changed ?

Have you answered your own question there ? Yes the footrest has changed but how can you be using the old mats then ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am using my existing mats from my 06 1.8 SE in my new 59 Type S GT & they fit exactly the same. The bracket on the drivers seat runner under the plastic cover is still there to fit the holding bracket with the lugs onto. The only thing you will have to do is put a slit in the carpet with a stanley knife so you can slide the fixing bracket into position.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I bought new (carpet) mats for my '07, some 2 months ago - the original rubber mats were just "pants" (wore through under my right heel in under less than a year, so I glued some neoprene sheet behind it as a temporary fix) ...

But, what a job to get the correct new mats ! ... I knew more than the dealer did about the various changes \ types of fixings ...

Plus, when he located the right version, there were 3 different finishes \ qualities to choose from ... then, the mats they 'triumphantly' produced (after 20 minutes) - while the correct fitment - weren't as per any of the 3 pictured examples ! ...

I certainly hope they last more than 1 year this time ...

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
Mine seem to have weathered OK

As above, mine is 99% driver only and I've done 26.5K miles. Small indentation where my right heel goes but nothing too bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts