2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First off... I have to admit that i do not own a Civic. I am the proud owner of a astra h... but that said... I am sorley tempted to shift the vuaxhall on to get a three door type r.

My father... Well he has decided that he is purchasing a Civic... and what a machine... The new SI model. Yes it is only the 1.4 with the 16" wheels but it is still a serious head turner.

There are a few things that he and i need help with in terms of the car hence why i am turning to the people in the know.... (that would be you lot :))

The garge are quoting the following for some of the extra items my dad wants for the car....

Spare wheel kit - £150
Mud Flaps front and back - £100
Car mats - £80

This all seems pricey. Do you have any recomendations to buy these items anywhere else at a better price? (links would be appreciated). Fitting them is no hassel as i am quite adapt at workin on cars.

I would also like to know if retrofitting cruise control is possible on the Civic? The car is already here so i cant get this as a factory extra. If it can be done how do i go about it (any links etc would be great)

The car has no parking sensors so i was planning on retrofitting these. Is the bumper premaked witht he drilling hoes for these on the inside? Do i need a resistor when fiting these into the rear reverse light power (I had to fit one to my Astra due to a bulb warning system and the canbus wiring setup)?

Any held and advice you can all give me would be very much appreciated.

Colin

·
Registered
4 Posts
bought a spare wheel kit from local Honda dealer £100.42 inc vat. Collins Honda East Sussex, google it.

You could try this link for stuff:
Yeomans Honda | Civic

this is not where i got my spare, but they do list it and carpet mats and reverse sensors painted etc etc.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Cruise control - I don't believe it's possible \ practicable (without spending mega-bucks) ...

Parking sensors - apparently straightforward (circles marked inside bumpers, no resistors etc., lots of people have done this) ...

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Good choice with the Si, I'm thinking of getting the 1.8 in Milano Red. What colour did you get and how does the part leather interior look?

If I was you I'd buy the extras from the parts department because it sounds like they're charging for fitting and the wheel and mats are easy. Don't bother with the mud flaps, they don't look very good.

·
Registered
76 Posts
honda usually give the mats for free when you buy the car as a complimentary gift. all you need to do is be nice.
i got the mats for free when i purchased my ex from blackburn honda.
i didnt need a spare wheel kit as the car already came with the portable puncture repair kit. you may have to pay for the mudflaps. but am sure that u can get the mud flaps for even less in ebay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the heads up... I presume the garage are charging him fitting also whihc there is no need for as i can fit all the parts myself.

That's excelent news about the reverse sensors. Will defo be doing this for him altough i was plesantly supprised how easy it was to reverse and see out of at the back. I thought the lip in the window would be very intrusive but it really isnt.

The cuise control option is more disapointing. To have cruise control fitted at the dealer for an Astra is 250 but if you can access a tech 2 (or atleast the softwear) you can retro fit it for arround £50.00. I have done this for several of my mates aswell as my own astra. I was hopeing it would be the same on the Civic... Oh well... You can't have everything.

The colour is the saphire blue (i think). It comes with colour coded body moldings all round and sports the type r gril.... A great combo in my opinion...

Col

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Don't give up on the Cruise Control idea just yet ! ...

Check around \ search in the relevant sections and you might find something ...

Best thing is perhaps to send a query to one of the dealers in here, who are usually very helpful indeed ...

·
Mondeo Mann is here!!
1,333 Posts
I think cruise control is only standard on ES and EX models, not sure if its an option. I'm looking to trade up to the Si for our next Civic

·
Registered
13 Posts
Smurf79 - Cruse is also standard on the Type S GT. I looked at the Si but opted for the Type S GT as it just felt like it had something extra (Panaramic Sun Roof and 17" wheels etc...)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts