2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discussion thread for the Wiki page 2009 Aux in. Please use this thread only for discussing what should or should not appear in the Wiki article. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

·
Registered
487 Posts
i'd like to see information about 2009 4d petrol models and the AUX/USB, since big part of europe gets this model as well in addition to the flying saucer :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
hello guys and girls,

Just a quick question about the new aux in port/usb etc, is this standard on the new 2009 Type R?

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Details on the MY'09 R seem to be very scarce at the moment - not even sure if the R is getting a makeover at all :(

(or I've just missed them :oops:)

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
USB (again)

Are there any details on the MY09 factory stereo that would allow comparison to the Y06-08. I'm due to pick up my 58 plate EX tomorrow and from what I can gather from rooting around here, it won't accept a USB input (or Aux for that matter). Having got used to USB and Aux in my old car I would really love to upgrade this one too. The EX does have an iPod adaptor, but from the test drive last week, it didn't play nice with my iPhone.
If push comes to shove I'll buy an iPod off fleebay or the like, but can't find out how well this integrates with the current set up (i don't want to have to rename folders to Honda-1 etc if I can help it).
So, what I'd really like to know is the main diff from the 08 to 09 HU and whether they could be swapped over (if I can find on in a scrappy). I know this is a long shot question, but I have seen some Honda people on here so thought I would ask.
By the way, if you think this is in the wrong forum, pleas go ahead and relocate it :)

Tia for any pointers

Brett

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
It's possible, but expensive... You would need a HU, new centre console with the Aux In/USB Port and as you have an EX the USB loom plugs into the Sat Nav Unit which is different on the newer models, and I not sure that's a plug and play swap... I think you would need new looms too... oh..an your HFT my not work either... that's been ugraded on the new models! All theses bits work together, so just changing one, may upset the others.

Are there any details on the MY09 factory stereo that would allow comparison to the Y06-08. I'm due to pick up my 58 plate EX tomorrow and from what I can gather from rooting around here, it won't accept a USB input (or Aux for that matter). Having got used to USB and Aux in my old car I would really love to upgrade this one too. The EX does have an iPod adaptor, but from the test drive last week, it didn't play nice with my iPhone.
If push comes to shove I'll buy an iPod off fleebay or the like, but can't find out how well this integrates with the current set up (i don't want to have to rename folders to Honda-1 etc if I can help it).
So, what I'd really like to know is the main diff from the 08 to 09 HU and whether they could be swapped over (if I can find on in a scrappy). I know this is a long shot question, but I have seen some Honda people on here so thought I would ask.
By the way, if you think this is in the wrong forum, pleas go ahead and relocate it :)

Tia for any pointers

Brett

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
It's possible, but expensive... You would need a HU, new centre console with the Aux In/USB Port and as you have an EX the USB loom plugs into the Sat Nav Unit which is different on the newer models, and I not sure that's a plug and play swap... I think you would need new looms too... oh..an your HFT my not work either... that's been ugraded on the new models! All theses bits work together, so just changing one, may upset the others.
Ouch!
Guess I'll give that a miss for now then :)
Thanks for the heads up

Brett

1 - 8 of 8 Posts