2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2009 Honda Civic, Dx coupe, it has the standard stereo in it. I also have a subwoofer, box, and power amp from my old car. I want to install the subs, Is the installation the same as an 08? Do I need a special wiring kit or does the stock stereo have rca cable inputs on the back of it?

I am really confused on how to install this. I tried looking around on this huge forum for a similar thread but could not find anything, If somebody could help me out, or point me to a similar thread where I can find my answer, I would greatly appreciate it. :)

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Hi,

This forum is mainly for the European Civic, but we do have a few North American members who may be able to help you out.

The European Civic does not have RCA connectors...

·
Registered
127 Posts
^ thats not very helpful. could at least point him in the direction of someone.

the easiest way to connect an amp would be to use a Line Output Converter (LOC). you basically tap into the rear speakers and connect this device:

Autoleads PC1-601 Line Output Connector from Halfords Price £6.99

that will create an RCA pre-out for you to connect your amp to. then you need to just run a power and earth cable as normal. tap into the cigar lighter as a remote and everything should work fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts