2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the new grill arrangement causing much weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth, what would you have done to update the styling of the car?

Bearing in mind that more cooling is needed on the facelifted Civic, how would you go about incorporating this into the new design?

Feel free to post your photoshopped design alternatives here........

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Personally I would have left it as is and just used some ducting to pass cool air over the auto box....

Tom

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
my design... looks better than the original imo

Attachments

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I'm just not looking forward to be asked what car I have and then having people say "Oh the ugly one?"...............

Tom

·
Registered
130 Posts
Bear in mind that the extra cooling is only necessary for the auto box, so not for the diesel versions. I guess you can guess my line of thought.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Will only auto's get the hideous grill?

Tom

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Started to play around:

redesign1.jpg

But I'm sorry, the more I look at it the more I like it.

If anything, make the holes bigger, but you run the risk of it looking like a Vauxhall.

redesign2.jpg

I find it hard to believe that these holes are needed - I suspect it is simply a styling exercise.

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Started to play around:

View attachment 14329

But I'm sorry, the more I look at it the more I like it.

If anything, make the holes bigger, but you run the risk of it looking like a Vauxhall.

View attachment 14330

I find it hard to believe that these holes are needed - I suspect it is simply a styling exercise.
The first one reminds me of the Rover 200 when it first came out before they renamed it to 25.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
It could be the least ever done to a car & called a face lift ive ever seen

1 - 20 of 29 Posts