2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shortly after revealing the facelifted Civic for the American market, Honda has unveiled the Civic facelift for its home market, Japan. The japanese Civic is more or less the same as the Indian Civic hence we have a fair idea as to how the Indian facelifted Civic will look.
The changes are very minor though and you need to have a keen eye to make out the differences. First up is the changed front grille which now features sharper edges and a thick chrome bar at the top which give it a wider apperance and a more upmarket look. The front bumper has also been redesigned slightly with wider air intakes which makes it look sportier. Redesigned tail lamps with larger internal lens are no longer round complete the facelift for the exteriors.

The insides get minor update to the in-car entertainment system which now features USB input along with new fabric for the seats. The engine remains exactly the same as far as number are concerned. It remains to be seen if Honda has tweaked the engine for better low end response for city driveability which is lacking in the Civic vis-a-vis its competition, especially the recently launched arch rival Corolla Altis, which also trumps the Civic by offering more equipments for the same money.

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Yes nice pictures, no pictures from the inside ?

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Look nice, but I prefer our...

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Its not a patch on the UK Civics. I can't understand why they don't use the same design in both cars, the UK dash is so much better.

The one in the picture looks very disjointed, like its been designed by someone who's never done one before.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Yes nice pictures, no pictures from the inside ?
The interior remains the same on the 09my hybrid except the cloths are changing a bit. The ivory becomes greyer rather than yellow and the grey is a bit darker.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New FD2 type-r from manchester

·
Blade Runner
439 Posts
I dont like it at all :(
But again thats my personal opinion.

I know its quite similar to the Hybrid offered in the UK but I dont like that either. It just loses all its appeal being a saloon and the interior just doesnt do it for me.
Agree with WC, the dash looks disjointed and tacky !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts