2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we did the last of the 2008 Civic production and the 2009 production will start next week. I'll post any info i pick up on the revamp when it comes round the production line next week...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
slight changes to the bumpers so i've been told, we haven't seen it in our area yet as the only thing that has changed on the under chassis is the heat shield, so no need for anyone else from our area to go to the training room to see it.. No rear suspension changes.

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
No rear suspension changes.
I suppose that would be a major revamp including intruding into the boot space and being as sales don't seem to be an issue I can see why.

Just a pity they can't develop a better ride within what's available.

The only real issues I have with the Civ is the suspension and the i-shift. Apart from that I'm quite happy overall.

Would be nice to have updateable SatNav cameras on the next gen Civ though :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I suppose that would be a major revamp including intruding into the boot space and being as sales don't seem to be an issue I can see why.

Just a pity they can't develop a better ride within what's available.

The only real issues I have with the Civ is the suspension and the i-shift. Apart from that I'm quite happy overall.

Would be nice to have updateable SatNav cameras on the next gen Civ though :)
I would of like to see the next gen go back to double wishbone, the original 5 door from 1994 had it and it handled and was a nice ride, even if they used McPherson struts on the previous model would be a vast improvement on the torsion beam.

Won't know until the come round on what trinkets they are fitted with, the CR-V has a nice reversing camera (Or a karioke machine to us online when the line is stopped) so i can't see why they can not transfer over to the civic..

Are they putting more paint on the cars?
no chance, with the Jazz coming to swindon, they will probably be doing less paint as more cars will be produced, think as of today we were doing 612 a day in plant 1, 590 in plant 2... lot of cars to paint, 2 lots 7hr 40min shifts....

The new electric blueish (bit like the vivid blue) colour on the 09 CR-V (tea area is next to bumper paints sub assembly) looks stunning... and the Champ white looks nice on the civic bumpers too

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no, production starts, they won't go on sale for a while yet.... all left hand drive at the moment on next weeks build schedule

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
think the 09 goes public in the new year, not got any info of the actual date, but probably mid to late jan or early feb

they got to get rid of the 2008 models that are in stock first

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Yes, that's why they are issuing a special offer here in France called civic intuity which is a Sport type (French type, I don't know the corresponding in UK, everything but leaver, glass roof, sat nav, ...) with some accessories "for free" and a rebate giving a global price 2000 € under the price.
I called my dealer to have my Accord ('95, 270000 km) serviced and he told me there should be big rebates ...
I give him my car on Oct 9 I'll have some more informations ;-)

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
with the Jazz coming to swindon, they will probably be doing less paint as more cars will be produced, think as of today we were doing 612 a day in plant 1, 590 in plant 2... lot of cars to paint, 2 lots 7hr 40min shifts....
The Jazz is going to be produced at Swindon as well? I thought Japan or China did that car?

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,595 Posts
think the 09 goes public in the new year, not got any info of the actual date, but probably mid to late jan or early feb

they got to get rid of the 2008 models that are in stock first
For front subframe, you know if they have made some improvement? Because the solution that they report in technical directive we put grease in the screws I don't like for a big company as the Honda.

·
Premium Member
18,714 Posts
Thanks for the updates!
Keep them coming!

·
><((('> o O
253 Posts
Right,

So i may be ordering a new EX at some point soon.
I've come to the conclusion that i want the current model over the facelift.

Would i be right in thinking that if i order this car by say january at the latest, i should still end up with the non-facelift model?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts