2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this year looks like its a cracker...........

My car has been hit by a bus while parked up!

By the sound of it (not seen it yet) it's totalled!

The plank driving the bus hit it hard enough to - in the words of my wife - flatten the back end, buckle its rear wheel, burst the tyre, knock it into another car, smashing the lights, popping the wheelarch trim, buckle the bonet then off the road and into a bush............I wonder how fast the moron was driving?

And the fecker reckons it wasn't his fault!!!:mad:

Will get pics once I can get to the garage to look at it...........or I may be in prison for killing the bus driver.

·
Civinfo Space Monkey
544 Posts
God damn bus drivers, most are upgraded trolley pushers from a supermarket if you ask me. I know a few but most just swing it about like their driving in the Italian Job, i've been cut up or almost hit many times & even got out to have a go at which point they get all shy!!

Sorry to hear your car buggered, not the way you wanted the year to start at all. Hope it's sorted asap for you, put loss of earnings on it & get the CW FN2!!

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Sorry to hear that but at least the stonechips will sorted one way or another!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's some pics......not as bat as it sounded but I'm not sure I want a repair as the rear suspension has been hammered smashed one alloy and the 2 passenger side ones are pretty screwed too- bonnet appears to have popped open when wife saw it so not buckled.... anyway here's the horror..........

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the words of support!

Thankfully no, she was at a meeting, only there for 10 mins.....when the Police arrived.

I'm sure the bus must have been going some, I've now been told the driver has been suspended because of this....can't say I'd be sad if he lost his job over it - he's a danger!

The assessor will be in touch tomorrow. I have gap insurance so if it could be written off I'm not losing too much I hope.:rolleyes:

Courtesy car is here - could have had an Audi TT, A3 sport, Golf GTI or similar, but they only had automatics and I really don't do auto's so they sent me a Renault Migraine......probably a 1.4 by the feel of it and it's crap! I'd say the civic has better rear vision tbh.

I'm going for a few pints.......[smilie=notimpresse:

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Fingers crossed it's a write off as I wouldn't be happy to drive it again unless it was fully tested (I'm picky about suspension etc. damage). As your the first owner (I think) it should be a like for like replacement as it's his insurance. Some bus drivers are a danger to everyone (especially round near me), though hopefully he should have had quite a few witnesses aboard............. also most if not all have cameras aboard now so that should clear up what happened and how.

ATB, and glad no one was hurt..... except your little civ,
Tom

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
The assessor will be in touch tomorrow. I have gap insurance so if it could be written off I'm not losing too much I hope.:rolleyes:
Omig Sivad that's awful, I'm really sorry to hear about this.

On the plus side however, with GAP you shouldn't lose anything. The guy at my dealer had GAP on his new m/bike and after a call to his insurer, he received the cheque for the full amount next day.

His covering letter is framed and on his wall, so I know it wasn't just a story (all dates and amounts stated).

I too would be wary of suspension damage, so fingers crossed you won't be in the Migraine for long.

·
First Irish 06 ES.
109 Posts
Sivad, sorry to hear the news, had a Tesco truck run up the front side of me awhile back, so I know the feeling. Thankfully nobody hurt and looks like insurance will do the rest. It's just that feeling you get when you're parked and they still can't see you! Arrgghhh.

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
Sorry to hear the news Sivad. Let's hope you can get everything sorted and move forward as soon as possible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts