·
First Irish 06 ES.
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full spec of 09MY for EX GT 5 Door available here

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
The PDF mentions adaptive cruise control!!! I don't think the old model had this, so is this another improvement, or is it a typo?
what do they mean by adaptive?

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
That it senses the speed of the vehicle in front and slows automatically. It then speeds back up when the vehicle in front also accelerates.
Question is if that is what THEY mean.

·
My sticker's crooked
472 Posts
That it senses the speed of the vehicle in front and slows automatically. It then speeds back up when the vehicle in front also accelerates.
It means that if you slam your car into a concrete wall at 70 mph the cruise control will force a deceleration to about 50 mph to accomodate the new traffic condition.

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
DWS looks new - wonder if that's just another buzzer or a pressure readout or graphical representation as well ?

·
First Irish 06 ES.
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have seen no mention of ACC anywhere for the Civic, so unless this is a last minute addition I doubt it.
Pottsy, it does say so on the pdf file from Honda media. Then again, all 06 to 08 model cars supposedly had lockable gloveboxes...not!

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
The clues to the fact that it is probably an error are:

• It's in the "Standard Equipment" list. Even in the Accord it's a £2,000 option.
  • ACC normally comes with LKAS and CMBS, as the three systems share 2 sensors.
  • I've got loads of high res pictures of the outside of RX58 HVA and can't see any sign of either the radar sensor behind the H grill or the LKAS sensor in the windscreen (though it could be well hidden).
  • I'm sure that if the press release bangs on about a slightly different shade of plastic in the 09 interior, then they'd definitely mention the additional optional driver safety features.
It would be great if it was available, though I really suspect that it isn't, and if it was it would still cost thousands (the spare part price for the radar unit alone is measured in thousands!)

acc1.jpg

acc2.jpg

·
First Irish 06 ES.
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
  • I've got loads of high res pictures of the outside of RX58 HVA and can't see any sign of either the radar sensor behind the H grill or the LKAS sensor in the windscreen (though it could be well hidden).
View attachment 17353

I think it's great that pottsy got to drive the same registered model "RX58HVA" that is on the press info. Kudos.

·
Space Cadet
32 Posts
To be or not to be

Hi
Picking up my 09 TSGT this Monday, followed by a blast up to BMW factory in Brum. According to specs at Honda Media mine also has ACC. I'll check it out and report back.

·
First Irish 06 ES.
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi
Picking up my 09 TSGT this Monday, followed by a blast up to BMW factory in Brum. According to specs at Honda Media mine also has ACC. I'll check it out and report back.
Jutto, let us know about the rear fog light also. See here

1 - 20 of 22 Posts