2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
My sticker's crooked
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stumbled accross this yesterday, a pic from a Type R at the Brussels motor show in January with the new 19" Lightning alloys.

Was wondering what everyone thought about them. Personally I like the design but its colour doesn't seem to go well with the rest of the car. Of course it could just be the indoor lighting that doesn't do it justice.

Would like to see it on some other colour Type R's in real life but seeing as I've yet to see one with Rage alloys in the flesh I don't think I ever will... :mad:

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
looks a bit halfords actually... I suppose some will love them though. I like the fact they have a different coloured lip though

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Stumbled accross this yesterday, a pic from a Type R at the Brussels motor show in January with the new 19" Lightning alloys.

Was wondering what everyone thought about them. Personally I like the design but its colour doesn't seem to go well with the rest of the car. Of course it could just be the indoor lighting that doesn't do it justice.

Would like to see it on some other colour Type R's in real life but seeing as I've yet to see one with Rage alloys in the flesh I don't think I ever will... :mad:
I quiet like them, would be no good for me as I don't like dark alloys on a dark coloured car. Think they would look nice on the new CW CTR or even the saphire blue

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
it looks like a lighter red to me as opposed to darker..

the wheels i think emulate the first concept civic = the yellow one...
thing is not quite as good...
still...interesting...

good find there Rosse

·
My sticker's crooked
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I quiet like them, would be no good for me as I don't like dark alloys on a dark coloured car. Think they would look nice on the new CW CTR or even the saphire blue
Yes would definitely like to see these on a blue one.

·
My sticker's crooked
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
it looks like a lighter red to me as opposed to darker..

the wheels i think emulate the first concept civic = the yellow one...
thing is not quite as good...
still...interesting...

good find there Rosse
Agreed-it definitely looks more of a bright red, but the car looks an odd colour so it could just be a camera settings issue.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I like the show car's and slightly prefer to Aphemia's, but am not a lover of graphite colour alloys. They always look like silver ones covered in brake dust to me! Can look fine when totally sparkling, but that's not realistic on a road car, I reckon.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I like them... But I am a sucker for anthracite wheels :p

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
i say - better than standard 18s
but not as good as rages..

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts