2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Im in the process of ordering the new type s as a company car. I was at a dealers on Tuesday who had one as a demo and it looks so much better than the old/current type S. The colour coding makes so much difference!!!

I dont know what colour to choose.

Sapphire Blue was the one the dealer had and it does look good but im not sure.

Polished metal is a good colour but not seen it on a civic so dont want to order til ive seen it.

Silver, Red and Black are all very popular but I want to be different.

Some opinions would be great. Anyway I took a couple of pics of the type S in Sapphire Blue, what you think??

Sorry the pics are not great, they was rushed using my mobile!!

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Looks only ok to me from pictures-perhaps more of a 5 door colour?Still prefer NHB but I would think red would really look the part now the grey trim's painted the same

My thinking is I'm not too worried if something is popular.If I like it its good enough for me-and I think red or black suit the Type S perfectly:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
mmmm workshop looks familiar.....
Bet it does lol You guys was very helpful when I was down there!!!

NHB is not available on the type S. They have replaced it with another type of black, cant remember the name!

Is there any chance any of you guys could get a pic of polished metal on the civic?

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Has the type s badge changed now? Is it a red "S"?

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
mmmm workshop looks familiar.....
A rare insight for dealer haters.... I have made a guide to show some of the key components in Dan's workshop:

A: The money compressor. So much is made out of you on each deal they need a device to store all that cash in a small area - this one is disguised as an air compressor.

B: Compressed sawdust injector. Simply insert the black tube into the gearbox refill hole, squeeze the trigger, and hey presto a smooth gearchange for a good 20 miles. Useful for cars sold with a "forecourt warranty".

C: Note only 3 or so techs clocked in. All the rest have seen the queue of customers and so have raced out to lunch.

D: This dual role device allows cars to have loads of unnecessary miles put on while the techs can drink tea and read the Sun, or can be set into reverse overnight to give that tired old shiny-steering-wheeled dog a low mileage look by the morning.

E: Sandblast pipe - used only on the paintwork of those customers who ask for the monkeys to not scratch it.

F: CW CTRs do exist, he we can see some residue after the techs have been doing a PDI with a hammer and chisel.

;)

nhdan2.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Like it ! :D

·
Registered
375 Posts
Looks nice with the new grill , and a colour coded splitters . The sapphire blue is maybe somewhere between vivid and royal blue , I did not see this colour in the real life yet.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts