2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people,

My first post on here so pls go easy**i have a few questions so im hoping one of you experts can help me out.

I am looking to buy a used civic 2010 plate, 2.2 es-t model, glass roof, sat nav, black, its done 87000 miles and has full Honda service history. Its a fleet car, one owner from new and regularly been serviced at one local honda dealer.*

I have contacted the honda dealer and although its not their car, they have assured me from their records the car has been well maintained.*

So my first question, is that car worth 6800 which is being asked by the garage?

Secondly after having spoken to the honda dealer regarding the clutch, he tells me that its the 315 model, so its the middle revision.*

Should i be worried? i know in the third revision '325' they seem to have sorted out the clutch issue, but as i have 315 and its relatively high miles should i be worried. The dealer advised me that the clutch has not been replaced on this car.*

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Mine is the 305 on 07 plate, and on original clutch albeit a bit slippy now.....

Price is good.....

To test the clutch, find a step hill, and at 50 in4th boot it... No rev rise is a good sign.

As for clutches, it could be OK, you can't be certain.....

·
Registered
105 Posts
i have a 06 civic 2.2 with 145,000 on the clock which i have done 85,000 of them and still on its first cluch with no slipping but it is heavy.and i also just bought a 09 civic with 56,000 which is nice and light but does not feel as solid.
i would not read to much into the cluch issue as it does not matter what car you buy they all have dmf's fitted and are just as likly to fail.
the reson i bought another one was the fact it is one of the only cars that has a good engine and does not have PDF filter fitted intill 2012 model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts