2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I would like and not like on the 2010 CRV, since I plan to have one in 2010.

Most probably the IDTEC will be mounted for 2010
I like the 150hp, but do not like the extra noise the IDTEC produces (tested in the Accord)
The Auto gearbox will be available, since the IDTEC will hit Australia in the CRV, this is good, but auto grearbox=lower economy.

I think also they will colour code the lower bumper and wheel arch.
This I would HATE, and would even try to get a 2009 model with the ICTDI.

Probably it will also get the tyre pressure monitor, this is a must have! It comes standard in the US since 2007.

Hope the sunroof will be available like the US version.
Glass roof is nice, but higher wind noise and heated cabin in the sun.
Sunroof is more practical.

Hope it also get the beige fabric interiour (Available in France and US now)

·
Registered
827 Posts
It's funny because I'm exactly in the same situation as you are.

I own a 2005 i-CTDI, tried the new Accord i-DTEC and hated the noise ... so, if I still go for the diesel, I'm considering buying one of the last i-CTDI CR-V's (2009 model then). As you said, auto gearbox on the i-DTEC is probably nice but it does increase the bill even more and the fuel consumption is quite disappointing (at least on the Accord).

Has anybody tried an i-DTEC Accord with 5000 or 10000 miles to check if the noise goes down a little bit?

I wonder how the i-DTEC CR-V will compare to the i-CTDI CR-V in terms of economy. The Accord didn't improve its fuel economy when switching to i-DTEC ... but, at the same time, it was a completely new model (wider, ...).

Regarding the colour coded bumper, I think the same ... at least on the Executive model and I will try to avoid it as well.

For the equipment, I doubt that we will get the sunroof in Europe ... I would like it as well but I think it's probably more expensive for Honda to produce cars with metal/sunroof & glass roof and Honda seems to believe that European prefer the glass roof :rolleyes:

One thing that will be available on the 2010 and I would be missing if I get a 2009 model is the USB port to the audio system. I swapped the cheap OEM radio on my 2005 by a JVC one with USB port. Stick a 4GB USB key full of mp3 in there and you have hours of music and a radio displaying mp3 tags. No such thing is available on the 2009 unless you take the GPS option ... which I don't want to (just bought a Tomtom Go 930T).

Some other new features I believe that the 2010 model would get:
- LKAS ... to join CMBS & ACC
- led taillights
- 4 parking sensors instead of 2 in the front

Greetings from a belgian living in Switzerland :eek:

·
Registered
827 Posts
They went from a 1600 bar common rail system using solenoid injectors to an 1800 bar one using piezo-injectors able to provide more precise, multi-stage injections.

Compression ratio is 16.7:1 for the i-CTDI and 16.3:1 for the i-DTEC ... so this one is a litte bit lower.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at the engine bay,
You can see why the new engine is more noisy
They just saved on insulating cap...
I gues get a 09 by the end of the year for a good price, then may be chip it to 160HP could be a better deal...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
I think the reason for the extra noise on the Euro V diesels is because you can't use so many pre-ignition squirts (that are there just to reduce the knock). The iDTEC also suffers from induction noise, because the engine is now fitted backwards (the inlet manifold is at the rear, by the bulkhead, and the turbo and that great big can of beans is at the front).

I have been told that since I tested the Accord i-DTEC there have been software improvements to reduce the rattle.

And the front of the engine with the bean can (DPF) removed:

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has anybody tried an i-DTEC Accord with 5000 or 10000 miles to check if the noise goes down a little bit?

I test drove the Accord but it was a new car. Engine noise was allmost like in my Civic. By far not as good as our 05 CRV.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for this info Pottsy, this explains a lot!
That is probably why they could not add more insulation cap material, it would heat up... I think.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
well, well I think that full colour coding will work Landrover have done this with some of the freelander models and the facelifted disco has more colour coding (nothing wrong with it)

I will certainly be test driving a 2010 CR-V I-dtec with autobox ( if it happens):popcorn:

·
Registered
827 Posts
well, well I think that full colour coding will work Landrover have done this with some of the freelander models and the facelifted disco has more colour coding (nothing wrong with it)
The previous 2 generations of CR-V also had full colour coding after their "facelift". It is working but it's more subject to have your paintwork damaged.

That's why I live to have the most exposed parts unpainted.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I think the reason for the extra noise on the Euro V diesels is because you can't use so many pre-ignition squirts (that are there just to reduce the knock).
Yes, it must be something with the Euro V because I was told it's the same on the Peugeot/Citroen 2.0 HDI engine ... the new Euro5 140hp makes more noise than the old Euro4 136hp one :confused:

It's strange because if you look at the exhaust emission figures of the i-CTDI, it should be able to meet the Euro5 regulations with a DPF but I may be missing something.

Same thing for the 2.0 i-VTEC engine on the CR-V. It does meet the Euro4 but if you look at the figures, it's under the Euro5 ones :confused:

I have been told that since I tested the Accord i-DTEC there have been software improvements to reduce the rattle.
When did you testdrive it? I drove the Accord i-DTEC in January of this year so it wasn't one of the first model. On top of that, I had an appointment with the dealer for this test and, when I arrived, the car had already its engine running ... to warm it up. So I didn't hear the noise when it was cold :(

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
The previous 2 generations of CR-V also had full colour coding after their "facelift". It is working but it's more subject to have your paintwork damaged.

That's why I live to have the most exposed parts unpainted.
Only the top spec have received full colour coding
lower spec models such as SE and SE sport models have not. (certainly in the UK.)

·
Registered
827 Posts
Only the top spec have received full colour coding
lower spec models such as SE and SE sport models have not. (certainly in the UK.)
Yes but I like the EX one .... glass roof, parking sensors, privacy glass, better audio, HID :cool:

I don't care about leather and would prefer 17" wheels but unfortunately you cannot get an Elegance + Light&Sun pack in Switzerland :(

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pottsy, how would you compare your new CRV and the Accord
Engine:
Road noise:
Gear shift:
Suspension:

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Out of ten (off the top of my head):

[table=head;width=40em] |Civic|09 CRV|07 Accord Sp/GT|09 Accord
Engine noise|7|8|10|5
Engine smoothness|9|8|10|3
Performance|9|7|8|8
Suspension precision|7|6|9|9
Suspension suppleness|3|9|9|8
Gearchange quality|8|8|8|8
Road noise|4|9|8|10
Space|8|10|7|6
HiFi|4|10|8|9
Economy|8|5|9|7
Looks|8|9|7|10
TOTAL|75|89|93|83
[/table]

A bit unfair on the CRV as it only has 400 miles on it. The engine needs running in, but it does that occasional "pinking" noise on light throttle that newer engines tend to do (much like the 09 2.2 Civic I borrowed did).

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice overview Pottsy, thanks a lot!
Engine power is of course relative, since the weight of the cars is different.
Engine power"feel" should be better to describe I think.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice, I think this overview is spot on!

1 - 20 of 229 Posts