2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I washed the car noticed the spare wheel section of my wifes civic was drenched. Im no mechanic but is there anyone in the midland in leicester or near who knows how to fix this please? Or can come to kine or i can take the car to you?

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
these are more threads on here about this than fleas on a dog.
if you use the search function you will find all the info you need.

hint: start with the seams at the tailgate end of the roof rails and seal them

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
@flashy funny you mention that I just sealed the roof seams and area around the lights

After washing the car yesterday I noted some drop from inside the boot where the spoiler runs across!!...

Looks like a strip and seal like mad job!

·
Heading for the naughty step
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
2,778 Posts
Hi all. I washed the car noticed the spare wheel section of my wifes civic was drenched. Im no mechanic but is there anyone in the midland in leicester or near who knows how to fix this please? Or can come to kine or i can take the car to you?
Wilmo's right, theirs loads of threads concerning this matter. I am in the same situation, it can be a long process finding the culprit. Mine wants to be the local swimming baths at the moment. The hunt begins this weekend..

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Dude it seems that the 10g is also affected I saw a thread on there aswell relating to such matters although through the door

Il give VAG credit they how to fit & finish cars

If only the likes and VAG & honda combined their resources
Honda does the mechanics and VAG does the body

You'd have an unbeatable combo

·
Enjoying life
8,740 Posts
Here's when I took the spoiler off mine about 5 years ago. You can see the bolt hole seals. I never had any issues with leaks.

Here's what some plank had done to sort the missing clips on the rear light :poop:

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
didn't have leaky boot but water had got into the spoiler on mine, could hear it sloshing about when i moved the tailgate.
easy solution was to take it off and drill a small hole at the lowest point on each side, no problem since then and holes are out of sight anyway.

·
Registered
Milano Red Fn2
505 Posts
didn't have leaky boot but water had got into the spoiler on mine, could hear it sloshing about when i moved the tailgate.
easy solution was to take it off and drill a small hole at the lowest point on each side, no problem since then and holes are out of sight anyway.
I did the same with one of the rear light clusters that had water in it, been fine since 👍🏻

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.