2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been told by a dealer yesterday that they are now working on Januarys books and that any order I placed would be for the 2010 model which they say is different. The only mention I can see of the 2010 model is a thread a bit lower down. That seems to be the 'T' grades (e.g. Type-S GT-T).

Is there any changes to the standard Type-S GT? The dealer indicated there was but I thought he must mean the GT-T which I'm not interested in, don't want sat nav or hft etc.

Haven't heard of any changes on here and Honda's site doesn't indicate any change (but I'm aware it didn't indicate the 09 change for some time).

·
><((('> o O
253 Posts
The t grade model introduces sat nav and bluetooth as standard.
I have in on good authority as well that the sat nav system has been changed with the t grade models. instead of the screen being up on top it's positioned where the volume controls are on the dash and is a fully fledged touchscreen! Not sure if i'm completely sold on it though....

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I saw that was the difference in the T grades but I just want a standard GT, is there any change to that?

·
><((('> o O
253 Posts
don't think so.
gt models now come with colour coded trim as standard but think thats been the case for a while now

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
The t grade model introduces sat nav and bluetooth as standard.
I have in on good authority as well that the sat nav system has been changed with the t grade models. instead of the screen being up on top it's positioned where the volume controls are on the dash and is a fully fledged touchscreen! Not sure if i'm completely sold on it though....
Correct.

The EX GTs still have the "old" style sat nav as I understand it.

T Grade Spec
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/attachments/2009-civic/28935d1255349034-2010-model-another-facelift-product-update-t-grade-011009.pdf

·
Registered
881 Posts
Do we have a picture of the dash in the T Spec Cars? I'm surprised that they would offer 2 types of sat nav, especially during a downturn. Surely they would want to be reducing the number of different mouldings they are producing.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Do we have a picture of the dash in the T Spec Cars? I'm surprised that they would offer 2 types of sat nav, especially during a downturn. Surely they would want to be reducing the number of different mouldings they are producing.
Have a look at the link in my previous post.

It is basically a double din unit.

·
Move over..comming thru!!
533 Posts
Yeah I'm sure there's a little label at the bottom of the screen that says 'Ripspeed'...or something similar. ;)

Seriously though I think the moulding around the double din slot will make anything thats put in there look aftermarket. The touchscreen may or may not be easier to operate whilst on the move but I definately prefer using the buttons / joystick and the look of the current / outgoing(?) setup - plus you have to move your eyes further away from the road to look at this one... crappy design probably in the name of saving money.

·
><((('> o O
253 Posts
I also prefer the 'old style'.
I think Honda have done it to join in the whole touchscreen thing on their cars and it simply wouldn't be sensible to have a touchscreen in the old position.

So you're losing the better screen poitioning and looks but gaining touch!

I'd go for the old style myself, it's voice controlled anyway!

·
Registered
70 Posts
2010 civic

Well its past 1 January 2010 and all I've seen and heard are old rumours about a 2010 facelift. My Civic is 3 in April and I was thinking of keeping it for another year, unless a facelift model comes along of course. Heard speculation about a touch screen sat nav [good, hope I can turn her voice off]. Might it be available in white? Been on the US Honda website and the 2010 model dash looks good - and haven't I seen that steering wheel before [?] Any up-to-date info guys?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I can't see any diffence between the usdm civic steering wheel and the EUDM civic steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
-T spec cars have touch screen sat nav unit, basically a double din.
See further down in this now merged thread.

5 door at least is now available in Premium White (at least in Sweden).

·
Quit yo Jibba Jabba
177 Posts
Not convinced either, while a touch screen is nice in theory I think the new position for the screen is pretty bad. The old spot on the top part of the dash is much easier to glance at while driving.

I think what pekwah1 said was probably true, they are just trying to keep up with the competition...

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
I wonder why they have changed a perfectly good SatNav for what most see as an inferior unit not in 'line of sight' ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Touch screen seems to be the way to go. It seems superior in functionality looking at the Honda US website. Hopefully will make the dash less cluttered too. Any idea when its released? Or shall I drive to Avondale Stratford and go into the lions den to find out?

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
definately dont like the new layout of the satnav

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Touch screen seems to be the way to go. It seems superior in functionality looking at the Honda US website. Hopefully will make the dash less cluttered too. Any idea when its released? Or shall I drive to Avondale Stratford and go into the lions den to find out?
You should be able to order -T grade cars now.

Probably best to check with the lions den...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts