2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum (and Honda). I've just bought a 2nd hand Civic and found the front grill (with the Honda badge) is loose and does not line up with the bumper. I've removed the black covering and found there're are 2 clips in the top corners of the grill, the clips holding the grill on are damged. One is snapped (passenger side) the other (driver side) is cracked soon to fail, the grill itself is undamaged. I've noticed the clips are scwed into the grill then on to the body so I'm guessing they can be bought as parts. Does anybody know what they are called (or part number) and where I can find them. Is there anything else I should look at? I've added the picture below as the grill design seems to change a lot.
Many Thanks
Noel
[img]
[/img]

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Hi Noel,
I don't know if you've fixed it yet, but I had the same problem. Is your grille loose at the bottom ? because there are two more clips in the bottom corners, one of mine was broken at the bottom and one at the top. If you take the grill off, you'll see that there's a bracket each side screwed into the grill unit with a top and bottom clip. I was told I could get these brackets from Mr. Honda. Fortunately for me, I found another grill for silly money, so I bought that. You could also buy the sports grille, I've seen them on ebay and they come with the brackets on, by the look of it. You'd have to check on that though. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts