2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Had a minor panic last night, having just ordered my Type R I noticed on the UK web site that the Type R comes in "Nighthawk" black, my car has been ordered in Crystal pearl black, thinking the dealer may have ordered me a Type S I was on the phone this morning . . . .

. . panic over, the crystal is the new colour and looking again at the web site brochure it's issued 12/07! The dealer is trying to get an electronic version of the "2010" brochure to mail to me, anyone here got one??

Thanks,

J

Sorry should have been in the Type R section, please move me :p

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
The Type R doesn't have the so called "Magic Seats" as they dont stay upright as in the 5 dr models

·
'DRIVE' your Car!
221 Posts
Magic seats, is that what it means.
Sorry i got that from a 'bogus' autotrader ad :oops:
This is what the Honda spec sheet says about the seats 'Driver and passenger seat memory' - I assume this is to fix the problem Clarkson moaned about on his test drive?
I understand the back seats go up but have no latch/catch???
Headlamp washers? Is that true? Gosh it just gets better :D

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Your dealer would struggle to get you a 2010 copy seen as we are currently on the MY09 and the MY10 will not be here till the latter part of October

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Magic seats, is that what it means.
Sorry i got that from a 'bogus' autotrader ad :oops:
This is what the Honda spec sheet says about the seats 'Driver and passenger seat memory' - I assume this is to fix the problem Clarkson moaned about on his test drive?
I understand the back seats go up but have no latch/catch???
Headlamp washers? Is that true? Gosh it just gets better :D
So far all MY09's have been sold with no memory seats. Cush's is a M09 and its not get them. It was also listed as having them in every other brochure but they have yet to have provided them so I wouldn't hold your breath

·
'DRIVE' your Car!
221 Posts
Thanks for that, but i'm very confused now.
I've now heard about an 08 model still being sold in 09 in NHB
It was emphasised many times that my car (to be delivered 01/09) is the latest newer spec. and in Cystal Black Pearl. So much so that the ipod option i ordered has been deducted from the price (along with a sincere apology for the mix-up). I was then told today it also comes with HID's.
The magic seats don't appear to be included, but i will be so chuffed if the HID's and the washers are included.
Maybe i should just go into stasis until the 1st and accept whatever comes lol

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Thanks for that, but i'm very confused now.
I've now heard about an 08 model still being sold in 09 in NHB
It was emphasised many times that my car (to be delivered 01/09) is the latest newer spec. and in Cystal Black Pearl. So much so that the ipod option i ordered has been deducted from the price (along with a sincere apology for the mix-up). I was then told today it also comes with HID's.
The magic seats don't appear to be included, but i will be so chuffed if the HID's and the washers are included.
Maybe i should just go into stasis until the 1st and accept whatever comes lol
Yeah having the HIDs is a good extra and something that should have been added at the start even if you had to pay for them. The memory seats I doubt will ever make an appearance so your just going to have to get folk in and out the passengers side lol!

Angie - where do you get all this info from - im genuinely impressed :D
Thanks, it comes from reading and experiance.....oh and paying attention where dealers are involved :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
In my Corsa the Recaros would only go back to the same place in you slid the bottom first, before pulling the top part back. Is it not the same with the Civic? Ie. No memory if you pull it back from the top?

·
'DRIVE' your Car!
221 Posts
Well the dealer is convinced the front seats are all 'memory seats now' - so if your car comes with ipod/usb headlamp washers hid ... then it will have memory seats.
I shall find out tomorrow when i collect my CTRGT in CB!

·
Registered
66 Posts
maybe they are using models that where ment for Europe continent, my type R is from 2007 and came with HID standard "Belgium".

1 - 20 of 33 Posts