2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I have been on this forum for some years now, without posting, because i did not have an 8th gen before now.

The last 8 years i have owned a 1998 Civic 1.5 EK3 Sedan, but now was time for a change, and since i loved my previous civic i decided on going the Civic way again.

My new car is a GT edition 2011 1.8 petrol with five doors with 41k miles on the clock. Until now the car is almost bone stock, i did the gearknob and gaitor mod the day i picked the car up from the dealer. But two days in, i threw the skunk2 knob out again, my big hands aren't suited for small knobs. ;) The gaitor is still on tho, as i really like the look of it.

I am currently planning to do some sound isolation/deadning with Silent Coat of the whole car in my summer holiday. More on that, when the products arrive.

The car also has the typical squeeky clutch pedal, hopefully the dealers will sort that on friday.

As for other projects i plan on fitting an android double-din, when i find the right one. I'm also looking to do a LED-upgrade of all the lights, except the main beams. Other than that, i like the car as it is, and don't think i'll be making some huge mods.

Here are some pics:

·
Administrator
18,053 Posts
Wow you joined :civinfo: in 2011, did it take a while to find the right 8th gen? Or was your EK3 so good that you didn't feel the need to change?

Anyhoo nice looking car, enjoy.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A mix of both i guess really! No, the main reason being that up until now, i have gone to school and worked very close by, so didn't have the need for a car really. But now i have to drive 60 miles a day for work, so i thought a new car was in place... Plus the fact that i really wanted a GT, and they where out of my price-range until now, due to the crazy tax system we have on cars in Denmark. New price of a Civic GT was 28k gbp back in '11, I got mine for 13k gbp. ;)

Wow you joined :civinfo: in 2011, did it take a while to find the right 8th gen? Or was your EK3 do good that you didn't feel the need to change?

Anyhoo nice looking car, enjoy.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
The double din conversion is one of the best mods you will ever do. All you need is a bit of confidence and follow one of the excellent guides here

Im interested in why you're sound proofing your car - is it to eliminate the noise from the crashy ride?

I have Meister coilovers to help the ride, but Id be interested in knowing more about the sound proofing.

Enjoy your car - they really are a great looking reliable motor

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The double din conversion is one of the best mods you will ever do. All you need is a bit of confidence and follow one of the excellent guides here

Im interested in why you're sound proofing your car - is it to eliminate the noise from the crashy ride?

I have Meister coilovers to help the ride, but Id be interested in knowing more about the sound proofing.

Enjoy your car - they really are a great looking reliable motor
I'm sound proofing the car, mainly because i'm allergic to noise. ;) Even though my car is a facelift with the added sound isolating, i'm not happy with the road and tire noise at all @ motorway speeds. Secondly the sound system will be improved massively with some sound deadening aswell. But yes, also because of the suspension noises.

I'm not after Mercedes S-class silence, although it would be awesome, but some general refinement and quietness on long trips.

What double-din do you have? :)

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Pioneer avic f940. It is brilliant! And wait till you hear how good the stock speakers sound with a decent double din fitted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts