2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Recently wrote off my 2010 2.2 CDTI Si, loved the car inside and out. Since I need a new car I thought I'd look into the 9th Gen 2.2. Found one with 80k (FSH all Honda) minor dent to skirt and rear door hence being below 5k. Got the guy down to £4500.

The spec is ES (he's removed the listing as I'm collecting tomorrow) just wondering if there was anything I should really look out for with this car? I do a lot of short trips but also motorway so my previous car was perfect (gutted they've written it off but I paid 2700 for it in Jan and they just paid out 3600) and I'd heard these models had decent spec and improved mpg and ride.

a friends quoted fixing the cosmetics at 200-300 for both but said they really aren't worth fixing (I disagree) I'm not interested in reselling as I wasn't with my 2010 (RIP Big Blue)

any advice, tips, personal experiences appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had mine for just over 4yrs now... it had 6k on the clock when I bought it and a bit over 93k now. Apart from a couple of random electrical faults which you can see here on the forum it's been just fine.

My commute to work is about 100 miles round trip, mostly motorway. So probably 2/3 of the time is fairly staid driving and 1/3 is me either wanting to get home ASAP or just enjoying driving for a bit :smile3: Average MPG is mid-50s I suppose, closer to 60 on a longish run. Best I've had is 70, never lower than 50.

My only gripe I suppose is it seems to get through brake pads - especially the rears for some reason. Oh, and main dealers seem to employ more than their fair share of numpties, maybe as part of an equal opportunities scheme.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i have mine for 3.5 years with 173K KM on it and like the previous poster, it has been trouble free with a few dpf errors. A regen has sorted it for me but the last time I took the DPF out and washed it. So far it has been running great. You do need to be doing the miles to keep it clean so if you are doing lots of short spins then you could run into issue. Super car otherwise imo

·
Registered
428 Posts
At 60,000 and try to avoid short journeys by using another car. Super car, no issues except the gearbox is not as slick as Honda claim it to be and I have replaced the Sat/Nab unit after a fault on the DVD at my own cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts