2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Only available for South African 9G models, disabled everywhere else I believe. Yes, I've tried to get it working but no success.

Also, autolocking on the 10G is available in the US, Canada but not in Australia (as I checked this on a service loaner turbo 10G).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Ahh, I thought that maybe by paying the dearer I could have it enabled in my wife car. I really see no reason why Honda would disable it.

You may have noticed that other cars such as the Renault Clio have the auto-door lock feature available and enabled. It may be to do with Honda's implementation of the auto door lock system potentially hindering door access to emergency services during an accident (i.e. there is no easily accessible override facility). Especially if a car has superlocking then you still wouldn't be able to unlock the door by pulling on the
inside door unlock lever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Honda is not the only culprit, in Australia, my 2016 LZ focus sport also came sans auto locking I approached the dealer hoping it would be simple enough to get enabled, however dealer told me it wasn't a feature of any focus model in Aus, even though it is clearly mentioned in the owners handbook, had to resort to laptop, modified elm327 adaptor and software to enable "autolocking at speed".

Anyway the long and the short of it is I am betting autolocking is present as an option in the Hondas BCM, it has, just like the focus, been disabled by the factory.

I would also like this feature in our 9thgen euro Honda vti-l but I know of no software out there able to access and modify Honda ecu's parameters as easily as the focus.

There is, imho, no plausible reason why this "anti-hijacking" option is disabled by certain auto makers, it is my understanding that if the vehicle detects an impact severe enough to trigger an airbag it automatically unlocks the doors anyway

1 - 8 of 8 Posts