2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just purchased a lovely little 2012 EX Civic second hand, and have been playing around with it - however, I have a couple of questions that I can't figure out (and are not in the manual!). if anyone can help me with them, I'd really appreciate it!

1. It's the HDD satnav unit - from reading the forum, seems the only way to update the maps etc. is via a dealer; is that still the case?

2. I connect my phone via Bluetooth to the unit, and play Spotify from my phone - is there a way to get the song details showing in the dash / headunit?

3. When using the guidance, the voice is very quiet compared to the music - is there a way to have it auto-adjust to the music volume?

Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
See below

Hi all,

Just purchased a lovely little 2012 EX Civic second hand, and have been playing around with it - however, I have a couple of questions that I can't figure out (and are not in the manual!). if anyone can help me with them, I'd really appreciate it!

1. It's the HDD satnav unit - from reading the forum, seems the only way to update the maps etc. is via a dealer; is that still the case? Yes and it's quite expensive at around £150 :0

2. I connect my phone via Bluetooth to the unit, and play Spotify from my phone - is there a way to get the song details showing in the dash / headunit? Unfortunately no there isn't, unless your phone supports it

3. When using the guidance, the voice is very quiet compared to the music - is there a way to have it auto-adjust to the music volume? Not auto, no

Thanks all!

·
Super Moderator
21,043 Posts
The guidance volume:

Display the map screen > Info > Setting (I think its info)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Similar Issue

I just got a 2014 Civic and I am really happy with it, but similar to you - not quite happy with the Satnav head unit.

The ability to show junctions & turns in the dash next to the speedo is neat but the quality of the Satnav leaves a lot to be desired
I am used to having the road speed showing, the actual car speed (not speedo speed) camera alerts and being able to zoom in much further (useful for driving in Wales & Cornwall to see the road layout ahead)

Playing music from phone does not show track listing and the unit audio quality is not what I would expect from premium - its not actually bad either though!

Just been reading some threads where people have upgraded their head units, but it is not something that I think I will tackle myself :smile3:

·
Registered
431 Posts
I like the format but Speed Camera information is the only drawback, except in my case I had to replace the whole unit because of a fault with the DVD.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers guys - really appreciate the input :)

Shame there's no way to update speed camera details, but I can live with that. Oddly, the lack of audio info from Bluetooth music is the thing annoying me the most!

·
Super Moderator
21,043 Posts
You can link speed camera info to the HDD audio unit, I've done it.

It means when I approach a camera, it mutes the audio, issues the warning, then returns the audio - perfect.

You need to subscribe to the PocketGPSWorld CamerAlert app, then link your phone and app to the headunit via bluetooth.
At the moment Android is the way to go because the Apple version is soon to be obsolete due to the app not being compatible with the upcoming 64bit ios.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts