2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
After 25k miles my 2013 is needing some new rubber shortly, I'm thinking just replacing with the exact same Michelin Energy Saver +

How many miles have you done?

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Mine is also on 25k, has got 4mm tread left (I do 90% motorway driving) but have already decided to go for exactly the same - too many posts about people changing tyres and getting lower mpg. On my old 2.2 they used to last about 28k.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm about the same mileage and tread left. I'll need to do a quick search and see what the Michelins are coming in at. Seem OK tyres and no real issues with grip, possibly a bit noisy but that's probably due to the construction for saving energy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just checked and they are coming in @ £60 a pop which seems pretty reasonable for standard fitment tyres.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm not a fan of the standard fit Conti PremiumContact2 as they're noisy and don't grip that well.

Depends what you want, but I switched my previous car over to Avon ZV5's and they gripped like nothing else (noticably so in the wet) and were really quiet. I struggled to get more than 20k miles out of them though, and they're about £60 a corner on 205/55/16.

Seriously considering them for my Civic though as the Contis feel really inferior in comparison.

·
Registered
473 Posts
2 fronts at about 29K and just replace one rear at 41K (lease co wouldn't do the other as still 4 mm!).

Same rubber as when new

1 - 8 of 8 Posts