1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

·
Administrator
21,236 Posts
I'm glad I waited :D

Now I know about the T Grade HFT restrictions I'm now looking EX. I see the EX now has parking sensors and DAB :D

I note "iMid update" - what is that exactly ? Hopefully the ability to rotate round the displays via the steering wheel.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
I'm glad I waited :D

Now I know about the T Grade HFT restrictions I'm now looking EX. I see the EX now has parking sensors and DAB :D

I note "iMid update" - what is that exactly ? Hopefully the ability to rotate round the displays via the steering wheel.
have put the question to HUK and await an answer, will post when advised

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's probably that, I heard Honda got upset for the i-mid software behaviour in the new civic. Now the only thing that keep me from getting a new civic are the uncooled glovebox and the missing box in front of the gearstick :D

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
The insurance groups across the range seem quite a lot higher than I remember on the 8G range... Group 20E for the 2.2 diesel EX GT

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Do you think the i-MID update will be available for current 2012 models?
"have put the question to HUK and await an answer, will post when advised"

i'm awaiting a report stating what the update completely involves, therefore wont know 100% until I actually know what it is thats being updated.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
The insurance groups across the range seem quite a lot higher than I remember on the 8G range... Group 20E for the 2.2 diesel EX GT
I would assume that's under the new insurance grouping system which goes up to group 50 I think. The 8th gen 2.2 EX is in group 23 so it looks to be cheaper on insurance.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
I would assume that's under the new insurance grouping system which goes up to group 50 I think. The 8th gen 2.2 EX is in group 23 so it looks to be cheaper on insurance.
Thanks yeah assumed something was funny so googled the new grouping system and like you say that goes up to 50, I was stuck in the past it seems thinking 20 was the top, lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks like the 13YM 2.2 i-DTEC EX GT has an improved combined fuel economy figure (from 64.2 to 67.3 mpg) and lower emissions (was VED Band C now B). But no change for the 1.8 i-VTEC EX GT.

With the no extra cost addition of Front and Rear Parking Sensors and an Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror on the EX, is it worth paying an extra £2775 for the EX GT? The front and rear parking sensors would have been a £950 accessory on the 12YM EX and the mirror wasn’t available. You still get Smart Keyless Entry & Start, Panoramic Glass Roof, Privacy Glass, 17" Alloy Wheels, Auto-Levelling Bi-HID Headlights with Washers, High Beam Support System (HSS), Driver & Passenger Seat Power Lumber Adjust, Driver Seat Power Adjustable Side Support, Interior Blue Ambient Lighting and a Sunglasses Holder for your £2775. But anyone considering buying a 13YM EX GT must feel that they’re not getting quite as much for their money.

·
Administrator
21,236 Posts
I will stick at EX as and when

I would have liked the option to have proper privacy glass, factory fitted, not plastic film. I would also have liked to retain the HID's.

Glass roof I'm glad to ditch, front parking sensors I don't need and smart keyless entry seems to be a security risk on some other makes, I'm quite happy putting a key in a keyhole.

A colleague has a Lexus IS250 and every time he walks down a corridor by the car park where he reverses up to the building wall it temporarily unlocks his car if he has the fob in his pocket :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
You have to right next to the car for it to sense the key plus it only unlocks when you touch the handle .

·
Administrator
21,236 Posts
It probably has improved now, his is a 55 reg Lexus so early Toyota technology.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
It probably has improved now, his is a 55 reg Lexus so early Toyota technology.
I guess they've seen the error of their ways. Modern Toyota's have that capacitive handle malarkey as well.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 44 Posts