2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just looking to tap into the wisdom and experience of other forum users. My daughter's 2014 1.8 petrol is due for it's 6 year/75,000 mile service. The mileage on the car is about 45,000 miles.
According to a Honda service schedule that I have, it states that this service should include changing the in-tank fuel filter, but our local Honda dealer says that they don't routinely do this for the petrol models at any given mileage.
Has anyone changed their petrol fuel filter as part of the routine maintenance? Would this be advisable, or is it a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" situation, which should only be changed if there are fuel supply issues?
Thanks, Peter.(y)

·
Registered
16 Posts
If we leave it out of schedule, the next reminder might be the car choking to a stop somewhere out in the boondocks.

That's the way I balance risks anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts
I would take the advice of the Honda garage if it's running ok. I've just changed the filter on the diesel at 70K and there was nothing wrong with it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both for the replies. Sorry for not responding sooner, but I don't always get an email alert when someone posts a reply.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts