2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy yall, I have a 2014 Honda civic ex, I have had the car since it was at 22k mooes and about 60k miles it started to do the following alternator goes out then batter, I replaced it no biggie but after every three months I had to replace the alt and battery in my Chevy truck I never had those issues and was hyped up to handa being a good brand to use. More issues are to follow, my car randomly started to have the issues of on attempt to start it up it wouldn't recognize the key fob it would bees multiple times when attempted to start then it would all together die and do what looked like a seasure for a car pulled batter did bench test batter was okay it would repeat the issue a friend came by taped a cable off the batter to another component in the back engine area and told me to start it it started up and the issues stopped a year later I'm at 120k miles and the Trans starts to have a slip issue welp okay time to get the trans rebuilt, I took it to get rebuilt and was told it's an electrical issue but they didn't specify. The day I had a Trans issue this was the situation I was driving from Plano to Dallas on dnt I was going 80 out of no where car loses driving power but the rest of the car stayed on engine music all ok no codes came up then it picked up and started to drive I put my hazars on and noticed when I pushed to 80 it gave up I had to wait for it to pick back up at a point it let me hit past 80 and I floored it to my job but after it would not get any speeds higher than 30 now its in a lot dead battery waiting for me to figure what to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
think you might need to take the car to someone who knows how to fix cars
Long story short I've takin it to three people already. I used to work at a dealership with a shop built in. Currently I'm looking to see if other have experienced these issues and what they did or had done sorry for not clarifying that with all due respect

1 - 5 of 5 Posts