2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,

Want to start a thread on my Tourer and list some of the modifications or after market changes I have made.

First off its an Irish spec 'Sport' model. It didn't come with leather seats or auto dimming rear view mirror or Nav Unit. Has pretty much everything else the EX spec would have.

Its a 1.6 diesel and I'm on course to have 25 thousand km on it by the end of 12 months (august 23rd)

It had its first service last month at 19082 km

Very happy with the car - averaging 67 mpg on my daily commute which inst bad.

A couple of things bothered me when I got the car so here's the list of changes I made. I'll post pictures of each on in separate responses.

1) Auto Dimming Rear view mirror
2) Steel footrest
3) Pedal Covers
4) All leather interior, heated seats
5) Michelin Alpin PA3 Winter Tyres
6) Interior Honda footwell ambient lighting
7) Upgraded all front bulbs - phillips xtreme vision 130% for heads/dips nightbreakers for fogs
8) Seatbolt covers

Wishlist
1) Android Auto Headunit
2) Sliding armrest
3) Illuminated Door Sills

I have some of these spread across various threads but wanted to put in one place.

Cheers,
Mick

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1) Auto Dimming rearview mirror

When I got the car it had a basic cheap looking mirror. My previous car (Accord) had a auto dimming mirror and I missed it a lot. Apparently this isn't an issue with the hatchback as the spoiler blocks a lot of light out but with the Tourer you get all the glare from badly focused lights etc.

I asked my dealer if there was an option to fit an aftermarket Honda mirror and he said no. I contacted Honda Ireland who also said no. I emailed Honda Uk and they also said no :)

Not to be put off I did some searching and found this mirror

Gentex GENK2-GMKIT Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror:Amazon.co.uk:Car & [email protected]@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/[email protected]@[email protected]@41Gp-4929oL

I took a chance and ordered it, cost 69 pounds and a few quid extra for the cable cover accessory. The mirror fitted the existing windscreen mount and an auto electrician wired it in about 15 minutes for me.

Very worthwhile addition and not that expensive.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Cool looking seats

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is the little blue light in the drivers foot well (on side of center console)?
Thats actually my heated seats button... only place they could be fitted.. not ideal as you cant see them but the switches were to big to go in the normal dash position... glad i went for heated seats.. nice for the winter months..

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Heated sear are ok we used our a few times but something you forget out mostly we found .would have used them a lot more if was still getting home at 6 am in the winter. .

·
Super Moderator
21,037 Posts
Why couldn't they have wired them via the dedicated switch positions under the heater controls?

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Yer bet you got to be careful you don't catch it with your knee

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why not buy the SR and get the other extras along with the seats as buying everything separate always costs more
They dont have an SR model in Ireland.. i could have got the exec model but to be honest i thought i could 'live' without the leather seats... I also didnt like the NAV unit in the exec model...

The heated seat button is fine... definitely wouldn't hit off it with knee

Couldn't wire to original position - the switches used were to big.. should have maybe looked into getting the Honda switches but im sure they would have been expensive..

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Strange how some markets don't do some models and do other models .

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
They dont have an SR model in Ireland.. i could have got the exec model but to be honest i thought i could 'live' without the leather seats... I also didnt like the NAV unit in the exec model...

The heated seat button is fine... definitely wouldn't hit off it with knee

Couldn't wire to original position - the switches used were to big.. should have maybe looked into getting the Honda switches but im sure they would have been expensive..
Are the switches not already there just not wired or did you just have blanking plates and the switches that came with the seats were too big for the spaces already there?

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Think there just blanking plates if not fitted usaly the case.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts