·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
4 weeks since ordering and another 11 or so until it is due.

Getting bored now and the money has started burning a wee hole in my bank book. Well it's started smouldering at least. Keep looking at STi saloons...

I'm really not sure if I'm going to be able to hold out three times as long again but selling up so fast hasn't helped. Pfft.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Surely that's plenty of time for you to buy, mod, strip, and sell another car? ;-)
Loads, doesn't make much monetary sense though.

Maybe I could buy a pre-modded, strip and sell...

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Have you got any plans for the new R Loxy? Getting impatient also, been just over a month wait for me. Im already thinking about how to fund winter tyres for it, if delivery is December.
I've still got my Skunk2 knob which I'm assuming will fit. I'm going to get a set of dark smoke Climairs and the interior carbon pack.

I'm not bothering with winters this year. If it is bad then the Mrs' car will have them on and I'll just take hers if we need to go out. Mine can stay tucked away and I'll go to work on the train.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Checked with my dealer today. My date has come forward from the 2nd week of December to mid November. :)

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
I'm sure there is an RS thread somewhere but... The Car Configurator is now live on the Ford website:

http://www.ford.co.uk/ConfigureyourCar/Focus-RS/RS#

I've just specc'd one up as I'd have it. £33,275. The only option not ticked was the sunroof. That's almost exactly the same as the CTR I've ordered.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 · (Edited)
Nothing wrong with the engine in my ST when I had that, but there were a few people that had the piston in cylinder 4 go pop on both standard and Collins mapped cars.

I did however have my fair share of other bits like fordy

• The electrics were grounding to earth on delivery day, taking out the fuse for the electric windows. They gave it to me without the illuminated sill plates connected so I could drive away, but had to go back when they came in stock. No apology and kept me waiting the full day, even though I booked a "Premium, AM appointment."
  • Then the lacquer started peeling on the boot lid from the edge of the panel, resprayed boot lid.
  • The the power steering failed while I was driving the car, new rack fitted but only a week after they forgot to tell me the part had arrived and to bring the car in.
  • This next one was a dealer issue, but geo completely out on replacement of rack, had it back to them twice and gave up and ended up taking it to Grinspeed where it was found to toeing in 6mm on the front.
  • Illuminated sill plate blew again, but told it wasn't covered by warranty now all of a sudden as it was classed as bulbs and trim.

I had enough after that point and lost £3k in getting rid after 5 months. The car was just 21 months and on 17k when I sold it.

Like I said, nothing wrong with the engine or how it drove when it was sorted, just I never seemed to have it and when I did I was wondering what was going to be next.

No thanks. I'd rather have a Subaru or an Evo if I were going 4wd again. The STi starts at £28k. :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
It's plenty playful on lift off, you've just not seen it driven like that on the lap time vids as it's not the quickest way round the circuit. Look for the Slovakia vids with Gordon Shedden and Matt Neal driving them. ;)

Anyway, go drive the Megane Marc, any Cup chassis should do. You'll have plenty to moan about after a while with it.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Indeed. I'm getting pee'd off about waiting, though I knew it would be the case. I've still got two months left to wait at best case.

I've been through all of the thoughts of why didn't they just have a load produced for sale on launch, but the whole release of this car right from the concept that never was, has been one **** up after another.

I'm just glad Honda are good at making cars, because they're crap at car releases.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Oh indeed, I'm borrowing £2.5k less than l thought I would when I ordered.

Still doesn't change that it'll be delivered in winter. Still that £2.5k can go on a set of winters.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Production issues were HUKM not being able to get parts in from the continent with the disruption at Calais recently. They didn't have the parts for the assembly line runs and switched to other models to keep the lines rolling.

Now lorries are moving through the tunnel and across the ferries again, I'm assuming they are on catch up.

:bumpity: for query regarding http://www.civicturbo.co.uk/index.php

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
Getting fed up now. I want my car.

The wife talked me out of buying the ex-demo at Scarborough this morning...

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #239 ·
Allegedly there has been a delay in manufacturing the cars due to the blockades that were affecting the ports at Calais.

The Honda parts store is in Belgium but the cars are manufactured at HUKM in Swindon in the UK, and they simply had a period were parts weren't getting to the factory, so cars couldn't be produced.

There are LHD cars out there and not dealer cars either, there are pictures on Facebook and videos on YouTube.

The situation in the UK is very similar, apart from the dealer cars I've yet to see one on the road. There are only a handful of people I know from the forums who have had theirs delivered beyond the first batch (non-GTs were still being delivered because they didn't initially sell all of the first batch, but they have now).

It seems the situation has been made worse on the continent as LHD cars weren't delivered in the first batch for the pre-orders like they were in the UK.

I'm not holding my breath that my delivery date will be met in all honesty.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
Today went to test drive the new CTR. undecided which color. Sporty blue or CW. free mats. and will have a free supa guard if I take the deal. For those who owned the new CTR, have you opted for 4yrs GAP or just 3 yrs GAP insurance? cheers
It depends on what you are comfortable with and possibly how long your finance is for.

I've not bothered with GAP on the last few cars. I certainly wouldn't pay dealer prices on it either. You can get it much much cheaper.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 ·
Looks like the dealer is selling someones due to the carbon upgrade, they should of purchased separately, saying that the crafty gets tried to keep mine
It's a bit underhand really isn't it. It isn't theirs is it?

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
Probably theirs, was Telt at Sunderland branch Durham have blue one. Plus Sunderland branch where getting a carbon pack for their black one so maybe what Durham have done.
That would be a fair explanation.

1 - 20 of 442 Posts