2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

6281 - 6300 of 6365 Posts

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
But it also doesn't mention the 2015 type R, the only info regarding Type R is the same word for word info i remember from 2011, which makes me think it's an error that they hadn't picked up on.

But agree HUK could of cleared it up in one email, the service manager was adamant though and you could tell by his tone and how the conversation went he was only saying what he knew.

I bet that the info on that sheet will be changed now it's been made aware of

·
Registered
342 Posts
Just take what dweezle says with a pinch of salt.

He been coming out with some corkers lately..

First the new colour fk8 as a tribute to Honda pro Jason and now this ******. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
:lol:
This one was a genuine enquiry and I'm not the only one being told 75k, again could of all been cleared up in one email.
Like I said I'd feel more at ease having them done, the dealer also said they would happily do them if I book it in but they don't see the point,
So i left the dealership and finally contacted HUK wanting/hoping for clarification from the horses mouth, A: For future reference,
B: To see if I've been totally wrong about the dealership

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
I remember some of you guys use keyless protectors, anyone used https://keylessprotector.com/?
looks like it's a keyfob battery isolator. Has g-sensor so you have to tap the fob to activate it which will then allow the keyless signal to work. somehow auto activates - not sure if this is a time based thing.

edit: just seen price.. £144 :surprise: not sure who the real thieves are!

·
Living the dream!
8,542 Posts
I remember some of you guys use keyless protectors, anyone used https://keylessprotector.com/?
looks like it's a keyfob battery isolator. Has g-sensor so you have to tap the fob to activate it which will then allow the keyless signal to work. somehow auto activates - not sure if this is a time based thing.

edit: just seen price.. £144 :surprise: not sure who the real thieves are!
does same job for a fraction of the cost https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Key-Signal-Blocker-Faraday-Cage-Fob-Pouch-Keyless-RFID-Blocking-Bag-Case-x-2/323609583721?epid=20031190387&hash=item4b58a26069&enc=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&checksum=3236095837212d3ea81a0d5949b69b4b79dc371f1f9d&frcectupt=true to test but your keys in the pouch then walk up to the car and see if the door unlocks etc

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
never been convinced with those pouches. seen a few too many "it's stopped working" after a while of use and you have to remove the key from pouch every time you wanna use the key - makes it very inconvenient.
cant argue on price.

·
Living the dream!
8,542 Posts
never been convinced with those pouches. seen a few too many "it's stopped working" after a while of use and you have to remove the key from pouch every time you wanna use the key - makes it very inconvenient.
cant argue on price.

we have a one and we just store both sets of keys in this at night etc, had it 18 months works fine and I have tested this with the keys in it. As for the hassle it is no more hassle than opening the kitchen draw to get the car keys so I dont get that one,

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
ah, you only keep the keys in it overnight? guess i was a bit too literal with using it all the time when not in the car .... so work, shopping, restaruants etc.
tbh,not put much thought into using one other than cant help but think keyless ignition is overhyped. video that bought it to my attention:
I've always subscribed to the fact the keys need to be in close proximity to the transmitter, and that video just backs up my thoughts. not something thats gonna happen if the keys are, say, 12-18ft from the front door.

·
Living the dream!
8,542 Posts
Yes we only store the keys in this when at home and usually overnight, when out shopping etc the transmitted / key is not even close to the car and to be honest at my work I would guess it could be done but not to worried due to the location while my Wife's work place is a damn good walk from the car so no issues there either.

Well worth a fiver to help ensure you car is there the next morning as lets be honest and say most keyless car thefts do happen at night

·
Premium Member
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,292
Filling the voids with window weld is something that's been done back from the EP3 era onwards on the mounts.

It's a halfway house between OEM and vibration central.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
I'm surprised I've only stumbled upon the window weld option recently. never heard of that (or bush inserts) till the last few weeks.
surprised at just how much of a difference it's made to driveability. it's really agreeing with the twin plate clutch too - noticably easier to drive.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Filling the voids with window weld is something that's been done back from the EP3 era onwards on the mounts.

It's a halfway house between OEM and vibration central.
any idea how much window weld stiffens it up by?
might have to give the top torque mount some attention...

·
Premium Member
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,295
any idea how much window weld stiffens it up by?
might have to give the top torque mount some attention...
It will vary, but it's not as stiff as the aftermarket mounts you could buy.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
thats a shame noxia. but i think i'm in the same mentality.
nice car to have but not something i've grown to LOVE like i have other cars. i doubt i'll miss it when i sell (no plans to though).

i've actually been thinking about the future cars. with EV/similar being the future, manual gearboxes will die off with the combustion engine. every super&hypercar is auto and hot hatches have had the writing on the wall for a while i think. Growing on the idea of full EV and work with aero & suspension stuff for my next car.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
had another shot on the FK2 tonight. try to sort this oil cooler pipe knocking issue.
ya never would've guessed... they're not knocking anymore! seems i fixed them a few weeks ago and i've be looking to fix something that no longer existed!
gopro at the top of engine, corrugated cardboard between subframe and oil pipes and no damage at all to the cardboard when the noise produced itself a few times on road test. gopro showed almost undetectable movement on overrun and only a bit under full load.

so, i'm very relieved the engine isnt putting all it's overrun/bounce load into the oil pipes and subframe. massive load off my mind.

doesnt fix the noise though, but it really cant be as serious as oil pipes reguardless of what it is.

roll bar link bar has been disconnected, wheel arch suspension bolts & subframe have all been checked. feels in the driver side lower half of engine bay as i can feel it through the pedals.

It's in for service on monday so i'll get the stealer to look at it then. Expecting them to blame HASport mount, oil pipes or no fault found. It'll go off to that Honda HQ place around north Birmingham or TDI-North if they can't find it. outta warranty so i'll be footing the bill but hopefully performance parts are available for whatever needs replacing.

·
Registered
342 Posts

This one was a genuine enquiry and I'm not the only one being told 75k, again could of all been cleared up in one email.
Like I said I'd feel more at ease having them done, the dealer also said they would happily do them if I book it in but they don't see the point,
So i left the dealership and finally contacted HUK wanting/hoping for clarification from the horses mouth, A: For future reference,
B: To see if I've been totally wrong about the dealership
Hey man.
Where you gone? Was only messing..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6281 - 6300 of 6365 Posts