2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
6361 - 6373 of 6373 Posts

·
more torque than the mrs
6,793 Posts
just over 3 weeks of ownership and the car is in the dealers having new discs and pads on the front and new speakers in the front, I complained the discs were warped and the speakers were farting with a bit of base so after leaving it with them they confirmed all need changing so hopefully all done by the end of this day... and no cost to me...

·
Registered
58 Posts
thats alright, decent aftersales, if you were to price that up yourself it would cost a few hundred, are they throwing in a new battery as well?

Reactions: deni.babe

·
more torque than the mrs
6,793 Posts
thats alright, decent aftersales, if you were to price that up yourself it would cost a few hundred, are they throwing in a new battery as well?
I did mention the battery so will know more when I collect it at 5pm , yeah they said the discs and pads fitted £491 and £350 fitted for the speakers , and what else they find ...

·
more torque than the mrs
6,793 Posts
I did mention the battery so will know more when I collect it at 5pm , yeah they said the discs and pads fitted £491 and £350 fitted for the speakers , and what else they find ...
car is back from the dealers looks better with new discs and sounds loads better with new speakers , they couldn't find anything wrong with the battery , I am going to purchase a new battery myself from cox honda £79 just for piece of mind.. oh and one other job on the list I'm changing the front tyres. dealer put cheap nexens on...

Attachments

·
regrets his username
7,983 Posts
Luckily you got the brakes for free but for future reference don't pay Honda's price, EuroCarParts sell the exact same pads for pennies.
You can go on Brembos site and cross check serial numbers with Honda's and to put it politely *** robbing ****

·
Premium Member
2,346 Posts
been having issues with mine again over the last week. intermittent p2138 code (throttle pedal D/E). Turns out it was triggered by the Acuity pedal spacer i fitted a few months ago but issue only showed itself recently.
When the fault occurs, you go into limp home and all the gauge lights come on - tpms, collision avoidance, TCS/EPS, park sensors - the lot. i originally though i had a canbus failure or ground issue when it first occured.

With the pedal softly pressed to the floor, it'd be fine. hard down on the floor would come back off 100% throttle and circuit D & E would no longer match.
Honda have nicely pre-drilled the pedal stop under the carpet so an m8 bolt with 2x nuts to lock it in place would raise the stop and not allow the fault to occur.
no issue with full throttle afterwards as there's maybe 1.5" of dead movement at 100% throttle with the pedal spacer, so taking out that last 1" or so of movement is fine.

just a heads up for anyone who might find this code with the acuity spacer fitted.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My infotainment system is dead :( constant bootloop, every button combination to reset the unit doesn't work. The dealer couldn't fix it either. So I need to replace the system. It cost 1800€ that's really too much money for an old slow Android system. So I'm thinking to maybe install another system like a pioneer or jvc. Anyone tried to install a new 2din radio system?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
My infotainment system is dead :( constant bootloop, every button combination to reset the unit doesn't work. The dealer couldn't fix it either. So I need to replace the system. It cost 1800€ that's really too much money for an old slow Android system. So I'm thinking to maybe install another system like a pioneer or jvc. Anyone tried to install a new 2din radio system?

Hey Buddy.

I've not seen many big name installs, but there has been a hanful of Dasiata installs now which is a Chinese Android unit. As usual you loose the track data on the iMid and the ability to change the clock, but all otehr stuff appears to work very well and the radio also has the app for the trip data etc.
I'll try and find the YouTube video a guy called Andy made and posted so we could see what the install was like, got it;

He also made a very good PDF with all the details in it of what leads and adapters were needed, it's quite big so if you'd like it let me know and I will look to upload it somewhere.

Ian Contessa
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Plant

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Satellite radio

Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Car Audio equipment

Automotive design Communication Device Gadget Audio equipment Vehicle audio

Plant Car Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Center console

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Buddy.

I've not seen many big name installs, but there has been a hanful of Dasiata installs now which is a Chinese Android unit. As usual you loose the track data on the iMid and the ability to change the clock, but all otehr stuff appears to work very well and the radio also has the app for the trip data etc.
I'll try and find the YouTube video a guy called Andy made and posted so we could see what the install was like, got it;

He also made a very good PDF with all the details in it of what leads and adapters were needed, it's quite big so if you'd like it let me know and I will look to upload it somewhere.

Ian Contessa View attachment 325421
View attachment 325419
View attachment 325420
View attachment 325418
View attachment 325417
View attachment 325416
Thank you for the info. If you find the pdf would be great. Are there systems that fits in the dashboard like the oem

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Thank you for the info. If you find the pdf would be great. Are there systems that fits in the dashboard like the oem

No problem you're most welcome.
Ok try this link of the PDF file, if it doesn't work let me know;

Keep us posted what you do, as so far this is the radio I am looking to go to, but am open to other options.

Yes there is smaller headunits available from Dasiata with the same functionality, with their 7" able to go in the same space as the original headunit. It does seem like they are very helpful, so you can go to them with this information of what does work but aks if their 7" unit will work, or what other screen option sizes they have.

Ian Contessa

6361 - 6373 of 6373 Posts