2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, bit of help/advice please. Have looked on the many sat nav threads but can't seem to find the answer. Upgrading from non sat nav unit to sat nav unit, (genuine Honda, touch screen 2015 face-lift version tourer) , but had a thought, do the later 9th generation version have GPS receiver in dash as standard or is that something I will need to look into/invest in? Haven't stripped car down as of yet as I wanted to do it all in one go, thus asking question if anyone knows the answer. Many thanks in advance, Adrian.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The 2015 facelift non sat nav models have GPS built in, or at least mine does.

There is a thread on here detailing how to install navigation software onto the non sat nav units.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks GJS for reply, I was hoping it was already there, only real way to confirm is strip down,but hopefully you having it is a good sign.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you look in the android menu there is an option to enable location. At the top of the display you should then see a compass icon with a flashing centre until it finds location.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I now to need to know now is am I able to upgrade from non sat nav to sat nav version as units are VIN linked and new unit is from a different car? Thanks all for any suggestions/advice. Have searched and couldn't find anything that actually answered my question, or at least not that I found......

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
personally as a satnav version owner
I wouldn't bother the satnav is ****
my stand alone tom tom is light years ahead of the built in garmin version
the built in version takes me long way round on a few routes I know well
ive not much faith in it to be honest
ok for a get out of trouble when your in a strange place but its not a good route planner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts