2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone updated the maps yet or looked into it ? Need to find out if an update is out there for the fk8 and how to do it.

Moved from 10G Type R thread. M8TJT

·
Super Moderator
3,325 Posts
Not a Type R but I keep getting a big red error message from Garmin Express when it loads the 2017.0 map. 2019.0 goes on with no error. Have tried 4 different combinations of memory stick and SD card in a USB reader.

I have tried re downloading the maps by first deleting them from my C: drive first. Every time an error, but all 'sticks' have exactly the same files on them. About 7GB.

I have reformatted all portable devices, but the only thing I haven't done yet is to 'initialise' the 'card' in the car. I'll try that in a bit and compare the .xml file with the one that I got from the car yesterday.

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
I just let the dealer do mine for me.. bloody helpful at times they are..

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Knowing my luck the dealer will charge me . I successfully updated the maps on my FK2 . Wondering if it’s the same process for the fk8. Thanks steve_m I’ll take a look at that .

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
It’s the same process as the Fk2 ��
I’ve done it on both. Do we know what map is available now? Heard the 2019 map was pulled?

·
Super Moderator
3,325 Posts
Here's what I get in GE when I do the download

HondaGarminExpress.JPG
What is the 2017 map all about.
It's that one that causes the error. I can just update the 2019.0 with no error, and get the error as it tries to update the 2017 map.

These are the files in the Garmin folder of my stick. Do they look right to anyone.

HondaGarminFiles.JPG

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks chaps , I’m off work in a couple of weeks and will try and update it . Come across a few roads where the sat nav is showing a straight road but I hit a t- junction . I’ve been using the Waze app which is very good for traffic .

On another note damn hard to keep these white cars clean in the winter , washed it and the next day it was absolutely filthy again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts