2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

2022 Civic and Review of 2012 to 2021 Civics - Honest John

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Kremmen 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Agree with the e-CVT knowledge. Especially as it isn't e-CVT .... it's e:HEV, no CVT involved.

I've got it in my Jazz and it's worlds apart from conventional CVT's ....... and I like it better than my old torque converter.

#4 ·
It sounds very impressive. One thing I would like to know. What is the range purely on the battery at speeds below 45 mph?

It will be interesting to see the price range when its announced

Agree with the e-CVT knowledge.

I've got it in my Jazz and it's worlds apart from conventional CVT's ....... and I like it better than my old torque converter.

#5 ·
There isn't a published range below 45mph as it only runs on pure electric at speeds under about 25 to 28mph and only until the battery runs low, then the engine kicks in. Over 28mph it's a mix and match depending on battery charge.

What is good is that you can't hear the engine stop or start from inside so I've no idea how long it runs on just electric as it's seamless.

#6 ·
Its a very interesting concept.

Hypothetically if the state of charge of the battery was low when first getting into it on a cold morning. What happens does the engine try to start (assuming it has a starter motor) to charge the battery or do you simply drive off in electric mode which then charges the battery?. Just a gap between electric and petrol which I cant get my head around if that makes sense.

#7 ·
If you power up and turn off heating/aircon then if the HV battery has a good charge then you can start off in EV mode for quite some distance. If you have the heater/aircon on then it fires the engine almost instantly if the temperature difference is large enough. I always have the climate control set to auto so it does fire up the engine but I often find the engine stops within a few hundred yards.

I hear it stop because whilst driving through residential streets, early morning, I don't turn the audio on till I hit the main road.

One thing I am finding is that the warm air starts coming through in half the distance that my 9G used to. The engine warms up a lot quicker for some reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.