2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,746 Posts
I was looking at one of the Option Connectors for the MK4 Jazz and I fell across this one.

If you watch the video, bottom of the images list, it has a HRV driving in giving the impression that the Option Connector may be the same ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been going through all the specs and features of the new Honda Civic e:Hev and I can't find any mention of Honda+ and digital key. How come the new HR-V and Jazz have these technologies and the just introduced Civic does not? Similarly, there is no Hotspot, mirror folding when in reverse, power tailgate compared to HR-V....

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I've been going through all the specs and features of the new Honda Civic e:Hev and I can't find any mention of Honda+ and digital key. How come the new HR-V and Jazz have these technologies and the just introduced Civic does not? Similarly, there is no Hotspot, mirror folding when in reverse, power tailgate compared to HR-V....
Product differentiation.

The same reason the CR-V hasnt got a 2.0T engine in it :)

Also, there has never been an auto tailgate on ANY Gen of Civic.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,746 Posts
The Jazz doen't have the reverse dipping passenger mirror.

On the Jazz forum the consensus is that the Honda+ is an unfinished project, has loads of bugs, and I've not read anyone who has continued using it via subscription after the first free year.

On my Jazz they forgot to activate the telematics but after reading the reviews I didn't bother getting them to activate it at its first service.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So I've gone and done it - ordered a blue Advance - delivery first week in October

Trading in the 17 plate EX - got more than I expected for it
Reading this with interest. Please post an update when received, or if planned shipping date slips.
After 14 very happy years with a Civic 8th Gen 2.2EX, I too am interested in the new e-HEV 'Advance'. My local dealer here in France should have one of the 3 available models this coming week for a test drive. Should be interesting........:)

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,746 Posts
I would guess that the e:Hev system is the same or similar to existing models.

If so, when you take the test drive, you will have 2 gear options, D or B

In D it drives like a conventional torque converter auto with very little engine braking. Plus you need to be in D to be able to activate ACC, advanced cruise control.

In B mode you get additional braking just by lifting the throttle as the regeneration kicks in slightly more aggressively to charge the HV battery.

On my Jazz I only use B mode, which if driven whilst looking ahead, can almost be one pedal driving unless you actually need to stop. I've tried ACC and it has issues when I tried it. One issue noted by a few Jazz drivers is that on a motorway for example it can pick up a vehicle in a slower lane and can unexpectedly slow you down by auto braking. Our theory is that the camera angle is too wide.

The other feature I don't use is 'brake hold' because when active it leaves your brake lights on permanently just as if you leave your foot on the brake pedal, dazzling all behind. Instead I just use the parking brake lever which once lifted, and you take your foot off the brake, your brake lights go out. Then when it's time to move pressing the throttle auto releases the brakes.

The 11G may have buttons instead of the stick though :

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,746 Posts
There's a lot of the Jazz interior dash cues in there. I do prefer the buttons, let's hope that sunken reverse button doesn't attract too much muck

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
I received an email from the Honda dealership I use in Warrington - now much better-established than before, and wary of needing to be competitive - another story, but that wasn't the impression they gave previously!
I've 2 years' PCP remaining on my 20-plate 10G Prestige, CVT, but the offer proposed was fairly interesting.
I have been looking at this new model with interest - for me it does look smarter, but perhaps a little 'Eurobland', and the front looks a little heavy ...
Within an hour, he called back, we 'discussed fate' and I agreed to go for a test drive - I had already resigned to the inevitable ... but wasn't saying.
In the showroom was the 'suitable replacement' for the Prestige, known as the Advance, in the new, slightly brighter blue. I remembered my youngest wanted me to get a red one next - but I'm an Evertonian, so can't do that, but admit the red really does look nice.
A white Sport was outside and I was given free rein!!
3 modes available - Economy, Normal and Sport. I left in Sport, and WOW!! I was taken back nearly 30 years - I'm in a family car that's almost exciting to drive - FINALLY!! This thing SHIFTS!!
I've never been a fan of the Economy modes in Civics, finding I have to hoof them so much to get moving any gains are negated - perhaps that's me having to change driving styles .... NAH!! Not happening.
This thing, in Sport mode is pretty damned fast!
Limited to 112 mph sounds strange in a car which should be capable of 140+ but who in their right mind goes over the ton nowadays, unless you're a Police officer, or trying to avoid them? !!
VERY IMPRESSED!
Yes, I signed the dotted lines - several times.
It's due, in blue, on 16th October +/- 2 days I'm advised.

'It can do 60mpg+' he said. Not sure I'll see that, but I'll give it a go, occasionally!!

Al.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,746 Posts
These new Honda e:Hev do move, especially from a standing start. They are electric based which has a high torque. Floor it and the engine cuts in to assist the electric motor, and it flies.

I've surprised a few :D

41 - 60 of 82 Posts