2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Well I have also signed the paperwork today :)

40 minutes of driving and boy does it drive so well. I have been driving a Audi A4 Avant black edition for last few months- so this is my baseline.

Civic handles corners very nicely and sticks to the ground. It handles un-even roads, bumps, potholes so easily as if they don’t even matter. I purposely chose a route with bad roads and uneven manholes and it took them with ease.

Went through all powertrain modes, eco, normal and sport. Didn’t notice much of a difference- but sport did move very quickly when planting throttle. The change between ev and engine is so seamless- you won’t even notice when it kicks in or stops unless you look at the display. Simply lovely. At the end, it was showing 58mpg after heavy driving which is amazing. I didn’t even have to try and be efficient to reach 58mpg. I would feel in full eco and "granny" style driving 65mpg+ is easily achievable.

High quality materials inside. Touch points are nice and feel "premium". Tested the Bose in the showroom and sounds really really good (especially with fine-tuning the sub/mid and highs with centre point enabled). Finally a “premium” audio system in the Civic. Its nice to see passenger side seat controls (see pic) with lumbar support (not vertical lumbar- just horizontal).

Only two downsides- indicators and reverse lights are 1990’s halogen bulbs and reverse camera is the quality of the first gen iphone.

Ordered an Advance in white with full carbon and premium illumination pack.

Expected delivery is mid-October.

I was told the ev components are covered with a 5 year warranty (battery and ev motor/components)- the base car and engine for 3 years.

Some pics from my visit.
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Light

This pic was taken for figuring out the best was to route the rear dash cam wires.

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Car Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Tire

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can people here please share their experience of the extra weight on the advance trim. Apparently the advance and sport trim both weigh 1533kg according to the honda uk website which I found odd given the advance has the sunroof and other tech.

Wondering if handling is compromised with the massive glass roof which is bound to be heavy at a high centre of gravity.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,746 Posts
The additional weight will also be the battery pack.

The e:hev driving experience, if driven sedately, is very smooth because it has no gears.

·
Registered
94 Posts

40 minutes of driving and boy does it drive so well. I have been driving a Audi A4 Avant black edition for last few months- so this is my baseline.

Civic handles corners very nicely and sticks to the ground. It handles un-even roads, bumps, potholes so easily as if they don’t even matter. I purposely chose a route with bad roads and uneven manholes and it took them with ease.

Went through all powertrain modes, eco, normal and sport. Didn’t notice much of a difference- but sport did move very quickly when planting throttle. The change between ev and engine is so seamless- you won’t even notice when it kicks in or stops unless you look at the display. Simply lovely. At the end, it was showing 58mpg after heavy driving which is amazing. I didn’t even have to try and be efficient to reach 58mpg. I would feel in full eco and "granny" style driving 65mpg+ is easily achievable.

High quality materials inside. Touch points are nice and feel "premium". Tested the Bose in the showroom and sounds really really good (especially with fine-tuning the sub/mid and highs with centre point enabled). Finally a “premium” audio system in the Civic. Its nice to see passenger side seat controls (see pic) with lumbar support (not vertical lumbar- just horizontal).

Only two downsides- indicators and reverse lights are 1990’s halogen bulbs and reverse camera is the quality of the first gen iphone.

I was told the ev components are covered with a 5 year warranty (battery and ev motor/components)- the base car and engine for 3 years.

Some pics from my visit. View attachment 326679
View attachment 326677

This pic was taken for figuring out the best was to route the rear dash cam wires.

View attachment 326678
View attachment 326676
View attachment 326675

Some pics from my visit. View attachment 326679
View attachment 326677

View attachment 326678
View attachment 326676
View attachment 326675
I have the illumination pack on the EX that is going in part exchange on the blue Advance I ordered - it has the illuminated door sills which do look good in a multi storey car park or at night but the internal illumination is not that good - I see there are no door sill chrome on the new model

To be honest and this is only my humble opinion of course - the car doesn't need that odd little spoiler on the boot

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Not sure what the difference between a glass roof and panoramic roof is as the advance roof looks panoramic to me.
Why wouldnt insurance companies cover ALL glass elements of a car??

Also, the Civic Advance does not have a pano glass roof - its just a sunroof with a different marketing name attached to it.

On my 5th Gen CR-V, that has a pano roof, even though the section that opens is no bigger than a usual sunroof, but the glass extends further back to provide extra light to the rear passengers.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,746 Posts
Especially if obtained from a comparison site.

A friend of mine is a broker and a customer came in for a quote. After he scoured his currently policy he asked the customer whether he had read it in detail.

It turned out that the customer, being young and with a moderately high risk car, wasn't insured to drive at night. The customer hadn't been told of this restriction as it had all been done online.

·
Super Moderator
5,270 Posts
Because I drive a company van I am no longer insured to drive any vehicle but my own on my private car policy.
Didn't tell me that until I got the documents through.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts