2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm collecting my civic on Tuesday and it's an SE trim. These have the 16 inch tyres right?

I'm likely going to replace the fronts as soon as I get it. I've seen 2 tyres being mentioned on here a lot. Goodyear efficientgrip performance and Michelin primacy 3.

I 've got those goodyears on my current Mazda and after 13k on the fronts are down to 4mm. I've found them good when cornering but I've had wheelspin a few times when trying to pull out of a junction quickly, so I'm not overly impressed. Previous eagles and contis never wheelspun.

Need a decent tyre, an all rounder.

Or should I just get some 17 inch rims from eBay and use the asymmetric 2's

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,168 Posts
I fitted these on the front axle 15000 miles ago, and they still have 4mm minimum left. Good tyres with good levels of wet and dry grip plus good comfort. Don't look as good on the wheel as the Bridgestone ER300 because they don't have the edge protector on the sidewall.

Good tyre if they are well-priced.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm collecting my civic on Tuesday and it's an SE trim. These have the 16 inch tyres right?

I'm likely going to replace the fronts as soon as I get it. I've seen 2 tyres being mentioned on here a lot. Goodyear efficientgrip performance and Michelin primacy 3.

I 've got those goodyears on my current Mazda and after 13k on the fronts are down to 4mm. I've found them good when cornering but I've had wheelspin a few times when trying to pull out of a junction quickly, so I'm not overly impressed. Previous eagles and contis never wheelspun.

Need a decent tyre, an all rounder.

Or should I just get some 17 inch rims from eBay and use the asymmetric 2's

i dont know if you will have 16 or 17. but if it is 16 then you will have 205/55/16 if 17's the it will be 225/45/17

i have the goodyears on my 16" wheels at the moment. over all i say they are good. the side wall is a little soft being a light weight tyre.
if you have 16"'s your get sligthly better MPG, it improves the ride slightly but your overall grip is not s good as having 17's. but it depends if you need that much grip.
i changed from 17 to 16 and i much prefer them. pluse the tyres are cheaper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts