2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys picked myself up a milano red fn2 run-out facelift model , previously owned a bronze fn2 pre facelift. Tried to go diesel but couldn't handle the lack of revs and lag missed the linear revs of the type r and the driving experience so came back for more !

Looking to do the following;

Repalce callipers with red refurbed callipers, decent disks and pads with braided lines , perhaps a BBK undecided but would like to take it on track - either way current ones seen better days

Suspension GT1 Meister's or KW V3? Advice please won't bother with eibach as the suspension is fairly old at around 110k miles so lots will probably need replacing

Retrim steering wheel and make flat bottom I'm quiet tall and knees brush the wheel so this is a must

Double din unit is a must for sure

Some tidying up all fluids repalced, new PCV Valve, some new rubber would also help

Carbon wrap bonnet and wings they need it honda paintwork not the best, looked at the mugen type carbon fenders off eBay and Tegiwa carbon bonnet but gotta get the above sorted in priority!

Also any advice on maintaining Milano red paintwork much appreciated

Current mods is Scorpio twin exit exhaust and injen induction kit. I'm not interested in remapping again as I felt lowering the VTEC point wasn't all that good compared to stock. I don't want to polybush and polybush engine mounts as this will be a daily the last car had all this and was rather harsh ...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,664 Posts
Nice one!
The paint work just needs treating like any other as far as I see.
It may swirl up more easily being straight gloss.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers wilmo, il get detailing soon as possible.

Would anyone know if the OEM calipers with braided hoses upgraded pads and good quality discs would hold up against the odd track day,?

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
That vtec is addictive that's for sure! Thear is nothing like it! Congrats on the new set of wheels jay

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Decided on a full set of red powder coated callipers with white highlights on Type R, the money I saved on a BBK will go towards decent set of pads and lines

Can anyone tell me which the better braided lines to go for are , HEL or goodridge?

Any good pad options? I'm thinking Ferodo DS2500 or Project MU 800 pads, the car will be for daily use and will see the odd trackday

Discs I'm going plain

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice one il try to source the cheapest ones I can find

Project MU pads I can only find from TDI north , I'm torn between these and the Ferodo's. Although I hear that the project pads are less likely to squeal which I absolutely hate!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Collecting all the parts bit by bit ....
No work done as yet and kept off road I intend on doing everything in one hit...

I've acquired full set front and rear EBC solid discs, Yellowstuff pads (these were reduced on eBay sale) at a good price

SuperSyn engine oil + extra top up to keep

Redline MTL transmission fluid

Motulrf600 to do brakes as well as clutch fluid

I also picked up a pack of Resolut Honda assorted clips to have a tidy up

Replaced the PCV valve
Replaced battery with Bosch S4
Picked up a battery tie down and battery retaining rods as this was missing and the battery loose!

Outstanding - New handbrake cables, braided brake lines, an OEM honda clutch kit (suspect current one on last legs) and then I'm good to go!

oh and finally the most critical part of all a cigarette 🚬 lighter , this is s must

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys just a quick one ....

I recall on my previous fn2 my mechanic advised the rear brake lines are a PITA to fit and if any fixing/bolts break I'd have to leave the car there until parts sourced, was very far from home decided not to take the risk and do the fronts only which was a noticeable difference albeit had a BBK at the time

My question is it worth doing all 6 lines Vs the front lines?

Would the front lines only suffice, I am looking at doing track days

1 - 10 of 10 Posts